National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) – In order to lift the Indian stock market trading system on par with the International standards and on the basis of the recommendations of high powered Pherwani Committee, the National Stock Exchange was incorporated in 1992 by Industrial Development Bank of India, Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India, Industrial Finance Corporation of India, All Insurance Corporations, Selected commercial banks and others.
The National Stock Exchange (NSE) is the 9th largest stock exchange in the world by market capitalization and largest in India by daily turnover and number of trades, for both equities and derivative trading. NSE is located in Mumbai, Maharastra.
- In November,1992 SEBI was incorporated as a tax-paying company.
- In April 1993, it was recognized as a stock exchange under the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956.
- NSE Incorporated on the recommendation of Pherwani Committee.
- NSE commenced operations in the Wholesale Debt Market (WDM) segment in June 1994
- The Capital market (Equities) segment of the NSE commenced operations in November 1994
- In October 1995 NSE Became largest stock exchange in the country
- Derivatives segment commenced in June 2000.
- Managing Director of NSE- Ravi Narain
- No. of listings- 1,552
- NSE Indexes – S&P CNX Nifty,CNX Nifty Junior,S&P CNX 500