- Bank of Baroda (BoB) was founded by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad in 20 July 1908 in the princely state of Baroda, in Gujarat.
- It started with a paid up capital of Rs 10 lakh.
- The Headquarters of Bank of Baroda is in Vadodara, India.
- Chairman & MD of Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Baroda is the third largest Bank in India
- Bank of Baroda is ranked 763 in Forbes Global 2000 list
- Bank of Baroda has a network of 3454 branches across India and 86 branches overseas, spread at Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Botswana, China, Fiji islands, Ghana, Guyana, Hong Kong, Kenya, Mauritius, Malaysia, Seychelles, South Africa, Singapore, Oman, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad, Uganda, UAE, UK, US and Zambia.
- In 1957 Bank of Baroda established a branch in London.
- In 1959 Bank of Baroda acquired Hind Bank.
- In 1961 Bank of Baroda merged in New Citizen Bank of India. This merger helped it increase its branch network in Maharashtra.
- In 1969 Government of India Nationalized Bank of Baroda.
- In 1988 BoB acquired Traders Bank, which had a branch network in Delhi.
- In 1998 BoB also acquired Punjab Cooperative Bank in a rescue.
- In 2010 Bank of Baroda, Indian Overseas Bank and Andhra Bank jointly opened a Bank I- ndia BIA Bank (Malaysia) in Malaysia.
- In 2010 BoB opened a branch in New Zealand.
- Bank of India has the highest number of branches and offices Outside.
- BOBCARDS Ltd.
- BOB Capital Markets Ltd.
- Nainital Bank Ltd.
- Bank of Baroda (Botswana) Ltd.
- Bank of Baroda (Kenya) Ltd.
- Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Ltd.
- Bank of Baroda (Guyana) Ltd.
- Bank of Baroda (New Zealand) Ltd
- Bank of Baroda (Tanzania) Ltd
- Bank of Baroda (Trinidad & Tobago) Ltd.
- Bank of Baroda (Ghana) Ltd.
Overseas - Representative Offices
- Bank of Baroda (Thailand)
- Bank of Baroda (Malaysia)
- Bank of Baroda (Australia)
Domestic - Associate
- Baroda Pioneer Asset Management Company Ltd
- India First Life Insurance Company Limited
- Baroda Uttar Pradesh Gramin Bank
- Baroda Rajasthan Gramin Bank
- Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
- Nanital -Almora Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- Jhabua-Dhar Kshetriya Gramin Bank
Overseas - Associate
- Indo-Zambia Bank Ltd. (Lusaka)