- Ammembal Subba Rao Pai established Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, on 1 July 1906.
- In 1910 the Bank changed it’s name to Canara Bank Limited.
- Canara Bank Limited was incorporated in 1990
- In 1958, the Reserve Bank of India ordered Canara Bank to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank, in Hyderabad.
- G. Raghumathmul Bank was established in 1870 and converted into limited company on 1925.
- G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branch at the time of acquisition.
- On 19 July 1969 government of India nationalised Canara Bank Limited and it renamed as Canara Bank after nationalization.
- In 1976, Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch.
- In 1996 Canara Bank became the first Indian Bank to get ISO certification for “Total Branch Banking” for its Seshadripuram branch in Bangalore.
- In 2005 Canara Bank achieved 100% Branch computerization.
- In 2006 Canara Bank entered 100th Year in Banking Service.
27 January 2017
Canara Bank - Important Points to Remember