- President of India Pranab Mukharjee on 1 December 2013 inaugurated the Nagaland's traditional Hornbill Festival in Nagaland.
- Department of Posts, Under Union Ministry of Communications & IT, on 2 December 2013 launched an Express Parcel service and Business Parcel Services for speedy delivery of parcels across the country. The services were launched by Smt. P. Gopinath, Secretary, Department of Posts, at a function organized at New Delhi G.P.O.
- Runners from Ethiopia have won the both the men's and women's events in the 28th edition of the Pune International Marathon on 1 December 2013. Belachew Endale Abayneh won the men's 42.195 km race in 2 hours, 17 minutes and 52 seconds, while Aberu Zewude Tesema claimed the top spot in the women's half distance race clocking 1 hour, 16 minutes and 54 seconds.
- India's Current Account Deficit narrowed sharply to 5.2 billion dollars in the July-September quarter of 2013-14 on the back of turnaround in exports and decline in gold imports.
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade’s e-BRC project has won the 2013 eASIA Award under Trade Facilitation category. The award was announced by Asia Pacific Council for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (AFACT) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on 29 November 2013.
- India on 3 December 2013 successfully test fired its surface to surface ballistic missile Prithvi-ll from Chandipur in the Balesore district of Odisha. The test which is a part of the user training exercise of the Indian Army and it was conducted from lunch complex 3 of the ITR in Chandipur along the Odisha coast.
- Indian Golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar on 1 December 2013 won the 2013 edition of the Indonesia open at Jakarta. Bhullar finished 72 holes on the Pantai Indah Kapuk Course at Damai Indah Golf at 16-under-par 268.
- India Cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on 3 December 2013 won the LG International Cricket Council (ICC) People’s Choice Award for the year 2013.
4 December 2013
Daily GK Update 01 December 2013