Daily GK Update 09 December 2013
- The Cabinet Committee on Uttrakhand, headed by Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh on 9 December 2013 sanctioned 7346 crore rupees for the relief and rehabilitation of flood-hit Uttarakhand. Of the total amount of 7346 crore rupees sanctioned, 18885 crore rupees will be given for center-aided schemes and 1200 crore rupees for the National Disaster Relief Fund.
- Indian National Congress on 9 December 2013 emerged as the winner in the Mizoram Assembly election by winning 33 seats in the 40 member house. The result was declared by the Election Commission of India.
- Human Rights Day was observed across the world on 10 December 2013 to bring to light the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The Union Cabinet on 9 December 2013 approved the finalization of the reserve price for the auction of spectrum in 1800 MHz band for all service areas. It also finalized the reserve price for auction of spectrum for 900 MHz band in metro in service areas of Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
- Ranjan Mathai, the former Foreign Secretary of India on 9 December 2013 took over as the India's High Commissioner to the UK. He has succeeded Jaimini Bhagwati, who retired recently from the post.
- Star India replaced Sahara India as the new Official Sponsor of Indian cricket team. This was declared by the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) at a meeting held in Chennai on 9 December 2013.
- D Shivakumar was appointed as the Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo India.
- Kishore Biyani led Future Consumer Enterprises (FCEL) on 9 December 2013 sold its entire 44 percent stake in Capital Foods to a European private equity fund Artal Group for 180 crore rupees.
- Uttar Pradesh (UP) with a share of 67% has emerged as the biggest exporter of buffalo meat from the country followed by Punjab and Maharashtra, said a recent FICCI report.
- A report released by the World Food Project (WFP) for 2013 on 169 countries has said that India’s midday meal programme stands 12th among 35 lower middle income countries.
- Alstom T&D India on 9 December 2013 bagged two contracts of 151 crore rupees from Gujarat Energy Transmission Company Ltd (GETCO). The contracts are for supply of 400 KV, 220KV and 66KV AIS substations located at Charanka and Sankhari on turnkey basis to evacuate power from Solar Park of the state.
Daily GK Update 09 December 2013 Reviewed by Job today on 11:17 Rating: