Daily GK Update 10 December 2013
- Human Rights Day was observed across the world on 10 December 2013 to bring to light the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has appointed Sumit Bose, a 1976 batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer, as Finance Secretary.
- The country's fair trade regulator has imposed a penalty of Rs 1,773 crore on Coal India for abusing its dominant position.
- India on Monday handed over Rs 374.68 million to Nepal to build embankments on three border rivers to control floods affecting both neighbours.
- AAP to contest all 90 seats in Haryana Assembly polls next year
- A report released by the World Food Project (WFP) for 2013 on 169 countries has said that India’s midday meal programme stands 12th among 35 lower middle income countries.
- Ranjan Mathai, the former Foreign Secretary of India took over as the India's High Commissioner to the UK.
- Veteran activist Anna Hazare launched an indefinite hunger strike at his village to press for the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
- Vasundhara Raje, the BJP's chief minister-elect in Rajasthan, will be sworn-in Dec 13. She met Governor Margaret Alva Tuesday and staked claim to form the government in the state.
Daily GK Update 10 December 2013 Reviewed by Job today on 11:29 Rating: