Daily GK Update - 12 December 2013
- Adopt Aadhaar or move to EMV chip/PIN tech for card-based transactions: RBI
- Time magazine selected Pope Francis as its Person of the Year on Wednesday, saying the Catholic Church's new leader has changed the perception of the 2,000-year-old institution in an extraordinary way in a short time.
- Doha Bank has been granted the license to start its banking operations in India. The bank has been permitted to open a branch in Mumbai to provide full-scale banking services.
- Ayurvedic doctor-turned-politician Raman Singh was today sworn in as the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh for the third consecutive term.
- After a landslide victory in Mizoram Assembly polls, Lal Thanhawla will be sworn in for a second consecutive term as the Chief Minister on Saturday.
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai arrived in New Delhi Thursday afternoon on a four day official visit to India.
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd lost its case to have certain products by Apple Inc banned in South Korea Thursday when a Seoul court ruled the US manufacturer had not violated Samsung patents.
- India and the UAE are set to sign an agreement for promotion and protection of bilateral investments.'
- Wipro has received the ‘2013 ESCAP-Sasakawa Award for Disability-Inclusive Business in Asia and the Pacific’, in the category ‘Disability-Inclusive Multinational Enterprise’.
- Star batsman Virat Kohli lost his top position to AB de Villiers while most of his teammates, barring skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, also slipped in the latest ICC one-day rankings issued on Thursday after the 0-2 series loss to South Africa.De Villiers, who was named in both the ICC Test and ODI Teams of the Year in 2013, now heads both the Test and ODI batting tables. De Villiers had also been shortlisted for the LG People's Choice Award this year.
- Saina Nehwal has lost to the World No.1 and Olympic Champion Li Xuerui of China in the Group-B match of BWF World Super Series finals Badminton Tournament. Li defeated Saina 21-9 and 21-14 in a match today.
- Kabbadi World Cup: Indian teams both in Men & Women enter final
- The final one-dayer of the 3-match cricket series between India and hosts South Africa was abandoned last night, due to rain at Centurion.
- Rain started at the innings break, after South Africa posted 301 for 8 in the stipulated 50 overs.
- Juniour World cup Hockey: India beat Argentina 4-2 in 9-12 play offs
- Cricketer Yuvraj Singh celebrates his 32nd birthday today.
- Legendary actor Rajnikanth celebrates his 63rd birthday today.
Daily GK Update - 12 December 2013 Reviewed by Job today on 08:46 Rating: