Daily GK Update - 13 December 2013
- India clinched the women's Kabaddi World Cup championship for the third time in a row, defeating debutant New Zealand 49-21 in the summit clash played at Guru Gobind Singh sports complex in Jalandhar on Thursday.
- Olympic medal-winning boxer M C Kom’s autobiography, titled Unbreakable was unveiled by the Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan on 9 December 2013.
- BJP leader Vasundhara Raje was on 13 December 2013 sworn in as the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for the second time.
- The C Rangarajan panel recommended the guidelines prescribing bailout packages for developers of highway projects and the task of implementation lie with the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
- Wal-Mart India has appointed Krish Iyer as President and CEO of Walmart India, effective January 20, 2014, replacing interim CEO Ramnik Narsey.
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has been named the 'most powerful celebrity of 2013' by Forbes India for the second time in a row.
- Rising Test batsman Cheteshwar Pujara has bagged the 'Emerging Cricketer of the Year' trophy at the ICC Annual awards announced in Dubai today.
- The Supreme Court today granted bail to RJD chief Lalu Prasad in a fodder scam case, in a relief to the politician who is behind the bars for the last two months after being awarded a five-year jail term.
- Devyani Khobragade, Deputy Consul General at the Indian Consulate here was today arrested for allegedly presenting fraudulent documents in support of a visa application for an Indian national employed by her, Manhattan’s top federal prosecutor Preet Bharara said.
- Eastern Army Command, Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag on 12 December 2013 was designated as the Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCoAS).
Daily GK Update - 13 December 2013 Reviewed by Job today on 13:09 Rating: