DAILY GK UPDATE - 18 December 2013
- Yahoo on Tuesday acquired PeerCDN, a small California-based startup that aims to reduce bandwidth costs for companies’ servers while decreasing content delivery response times. It is unclear what the acquisition — which was first reported by TechCrunch — will bring to Yahoo, though PeerCDN alludes to its love of Web technologies in its blog post on the matter.
- Ronnie Biggs, known for his role in the 1963 Great Train Robbery, died on Wednesday, his daughter-in-law said. He was 84.
- The Rann Utsav, a cultural festival of Gujarat state was inaugurated by Gujarat Tourism Minister Saurabh Patel on 17 December 2013 at Kutch, Gujarat.
- Bipan Chandra was awarded Itihas Ratna from Asiatic Society Bihar in the JNU Campus, New Delhi.The award was given to Bipan Chandra on his 86th birthday. He was honoured by O.P. Jaiswal, the Secretary of the Asiatic Society of Bihar in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Campus, New Delhi.
- India and Arab League on 17 December 2013 inked an MoU to elevate the political, trade and cultural relations. The MoU was signed by Salman Khurshid, External Affairs Minister of India and Nabil Elaraby, Secretary General of the League of Arab States during his visit to India.
- The Union Ministry of Power has selected the Poovar Island Resort for the National Energy Conservation Award 2013.
- International Migrants Day was observed across the world on 18 December 2013.
DAILY GK UPDATE - 18 December 2013 Reviewed by Job today on 11:47 Rating: