Daily GK Update 21 Dec 2013
- The Reserve Bank of India, RBI, has tightened norms for credit card holders. In a notification on Friday, the RBI advised banks to treat a credit card account as a non-performing asset if the customer fails to pay the minimum due amount within a stipulated 90-day period.
- Usha Sangwan was appointed as the first woman managing director of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) by the Government.
- Senior advocate P.H. Parekh has been appointed as the President of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) for 2013-14. This is Mr. Parekh’s sixth term as SCBA President.
- China built a new research station in Antarctica called Taishan. It was China’s fourth research station in the southern pole.
- Ms Jayanthi Natrajan has resigned from the Union Cabinet as Environment and Forests Minister. She is reportedly to play a bigger role in the Congress party ahead of general elections-2014.
- The Election Commission recognized Aam Aadmi Party as a state party and reserved symbol of broom in Delhi on 19 December 2013.
- India post 421 in 2nd innings, set 458-run target for South Africa
Daily GK Update 21 Dec 2013 Reviewed by Job today on 07:37 Rating: