Daily GK Update 31 Dec 2013
- Air Marshal Arup Raha today took over as the Air Force chief succeeding Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne.
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas on Monday said over Rs 2,000 crore had been transferred to consumers in 184 districts as direct benefits. In these high-Aadhaar coverage districts, 66 million consumers have been benefited, it said. The scheme aims to curb leakages and prevent black-marketing and provide subsidy to consumers in their bank accounts.
- B. Mahipal Reddy, Chief Scientist & Head of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry Division, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, here has been honoured with the Best Scientist Award of Science-Tech Foundation (STF), Bangalore for the year 2013.
- TEJAS attained another significant milestone on 27th Dec 2013, by flying the 500th sortie this year, the highest achieved in a calendar year thus far.
- Anurag Bhushan, a career diplomat on 30 December 2013 took charge as the Consul General of India in Dubai and Northern Emirates in the UAE. Before taking the charge as the Consul General, he was serving as the head of the Regional passport office in New Delhi.
- Chandra Kant Birla, Chairman of Hindustan Motors Limited resigned from the board on 29 December 2013. He also stepped down from the post of director of Hindustan Motors (HM).
- South Africa defeated India by 10 wickets in the second cricket Test to clinch the two-match series 1-0 in Durban yesterday. Chasing 58 runs to win, the hosts quickly made 59 for no loss.
- South Africa on Monday strengthened their position as the number-one ranked side on the ICC Test Team Rankings table courtesy their 10-wicket victory over India in the second and final Test in Durban.
Daily GK Update 31 Dec 2013 Reviewed by Job today on 12:12 Rating: