- The Centre will soon appoint Justice B.S. Chauhan, a Judge of the Supreme Court, as Chairman of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal to take up pending applications.
- Ruling Awami League of Sheikh Hasina set to form govt again in Bangladesh
- Canara Bank today said it will soon open a branch in New York as it has got regulatory approvals from the US authorities.
- The Ahmedabad Crime Branch on Sunday registered a First Information Report against social activist Teesta Setalvad, accusing her of misusing foreign funds meant for helping the victims of the 2002 Gulbarg society massacre.
- ISRO said, 'India’s tryst with Cryogenic propulsion bears fruit. Flight-testing of Indian cryogenic engine/GSLV D5 is successful'.
- India skipper Vijay Zol (100) and Sanju Samson (100) scored contrasting centuries as India colts posted a comprehensive 40-run win over arch-rivals Pakistan to clinch the Under-19 Asia Cup title in Sharjah on Saturday.
- India hold on to their second spot even as a resurgent Australia leap frogged to third in the latest ICC Test rankings after whitewashing England 5-0 in the Ashes series on Sunday.
- King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck will arrive in New Delhi today on a five-day visit to India.
- Young shuttler Aditya Joshi from Madhya Pradesh has become the first male junior badminton player from India to be ranked top in the world.
- Telugu film actor Uday Kiran, who was one the youngest winners of the Filmfare best actor award, allegedly committed suicide at his house last night.
Daily GK Update 5-6 January 2014