- Sikhs from across the world are celebrating the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Today.
- Former Supreme Court judge, Justice (Retd) A.K. Ganguly has stepped down from his post as West Bengal Human Rights Commission (WBHRC), sources said
- Janet Yellen has been confirmed as the new chairman of the Federal Reserve, however her appointment was backed by the least Senate support on records indicating that the central bank is facing internal differences.
- Banks are likely to start charging customers for transacting more than five times a month at any bank ATM, including their own bank.
- The 75th Senior National Table Tennis Championship has begun in Patna this morning. The event will be formally inaugurated in the afternoon.
- Lingaiah Nagarapu, Principal Scientist at the CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology has been honoured with the best scientist award of Science-Tech Foundation (STF), Bangalore, for 2013.
Daily GK Update 7 January 2014