- United Nations: The United Nations Organisation is an association of states which have pledged themselves to maintain international peace and security and cooperate in solving international political, economic, social, cultural and humanitarian problems towards achieving this end.
Established - Oct. 24,1945
Headquarters of the UNO – New York
Objects: To maintain international peace and security
Official Languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
- Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Established in — September 1960
Headquarters — Vienna (Austria)
Member States — 12 (Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela)
Official Language— English
Object : OPEC’s objective is to coordinate and unify petroleum policies among Member Countries, in order to secure fair and stable prices for petroleum producers; an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consuming nations; and a fair return on capital to those investing in the industry.
- World Health Organisation (WHO):
Established in/on — April 7, 1948
Headquarters — Geneva (Switzerland)
Official Languages — Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish
Member States — 193 Member States
- Interpol( International Criminal Police Organization – INTERPO):INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organisation, with 186 member countries. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-peration, and supports and assists all organisations, authorities and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime.
- Economic Cooperation Organisation (ECO)
Established in — 1985
Headquarters — Tehran (Iran)
Member States — Islamic State of Afghanistan, Azerbaijan Republic, Islamic Republic of Iran, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Republic of Tajikistan, Republic of Turkey, Turkmenistan and Republic of Uzbekistan
Finance Source — Member contributions
Language — English
Key Executive — Secretary General
Economic Cooperation Organisation (ECO), is an intergovernmental regional organisation established in 1985 by Iran, Pakistan and Turkey for the purpose of promoting economic, technical and cultural cooperation among the Member States.
- BRICS- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- International Monetary Fund(IMF)
Established - December 27 1945
Object: To Promote international monetary cooperation, balanced international trade, exchange rate stability.
- International Bank for Reconstruction And Development(IBRD)
- International Development Association(IDA)
Established - Sep 24, 1960
- International Finance Corporation(IFC)
- General Agreement On Tariff And Trade (GATT)
- World Trade Organisation(WTO)
Established - January 1 1995
- United Nations Conference On Trade And Development(UNCTD)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- South Asian Association For Regional Co-operation (SAARC)
Members: India, Maldives, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka, Bhutan and Nepal
Established - 1985 - Dhaka
- Association of SOuth East Asian Nations(ASEAN)
Members: Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand
stablished - 1967
Present 9 Members in ASEAN
- G-8 The Group of Eight
Established : 1975
The Group of Eight is a forum, created by France in 1975, for governments of six countries in the world: France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In 1976, Canada joined the group (thus creating the G7). In becoming the G 8, the group added Russia in 1997.
Most Important World Organisations - General Knowledge