Sports - General Knowledge(GK) Questions and Answers SET 2
- Name the Indian Chess player who has broken the World Record by finishing the game in first twelve moves?
Ans: Vishwanathan Anand
- Yondieki who set up a new world record in 10,000 meters race, belongs to
- Jeev Milkha Singh is associated with which sports?
- Amar Singh Sokhi is remembered for his performance in ?
- How many players are there in Kabbadi team?
- 'Popping Crease' is associated with which games?
- Maradona is a famous player associated with
- The famous player 'Pele' is associated with which games?
- Ben Johnson, the well known athlete belongs to which country?
- Limba Ram is known for his outstanding performance in which game?
- How many players are there in Water Polo team?
- Monica Seles is associated with which games?
- In which city the Asian Games first took place?
Ans: New Delhi
- The 13th Asian Games were held in
- India first won the Olympic Hockey gold at
- Sergei Bubhka, an athlete of international repute, belongs to which country?
- Tripping is associates with
- Merdeka Cup is associated with
- Olympic Games after 4th century A.D. restarted from
- Michael Ferraria is associated with which games/sports?
- The term 'Caddle' is associates with which sports?
- The state which declared 1995-1996 as the Hockey year is
- Wankhede Stadium is situated in (India)
- The name of Geoff Bycott is associated with which game?
- What is the length of each stump in the cricket?
Ans: 28 inches
- Who received he Wisden Award for the 'Indian Cricketer of the Century' (20th Century)
Ans: Kapil Dev
- Who won the Grand Slam title four times successively?
Ans: Steffi Graf
- Wimbledon is a place connected with
Ans: Lawn Tennies
- Which place is known as 'Mecca of Indian Football'?
- The term 'Chukker' is used in
- Levoy Burrell is associated with which sports?
- Who won the maximum number of gold medals in Hiroshima Asian Games?
- Bahadur Singh is famous in which of the following?
- Kamlesh Mehta was associated with which games/sports?
Ans: Table Tennies
- First Olympic Games were held in
Ans: 776 BC
- Anita Sood is associated with which games/sport?
- Which Indian batsman made three consecutive centuries in his first three Test matches?
Ans: Mohd. Azaruddin
- Geet Sethi has made a mark in
- The Rovers Cup is associated with
- Misha Grewal is associated with which game/sport?
- The winter Olympics came into being in
- Chris Evert's name is associated with which sport?
- Ali Sher, an Arjuna Award winner, is associated with
- Which game originated from England?
- Jaspal Rana is belongs to?
- Which Indian Cricketer was given the title 'Tiger'?
Ans: Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
- The Golf player Vijay Singh represents
- The 'Agha Khan Cup' is associated with which game?
- Shiny Wilson is associated with which game/sport?
- Prakash Padukone is associated with which game?
- Major R.S. Brar is associated with
- 'Queens berry Rules' is the name given to the rules in
- 'Ashes' is the term associates with which sports?
- The term 'Butterfly Stroke' is associated with
- The term 'Tee' is connected with
- S. Vijayalakshmi and Nisha Mohita are associated with
- The National Game of India is
- The National Game of Japan is
- Boat race is a famous festival game of
- Famous Tennis player Stefan Edberg belongs to
- In the game of Volley ball, the number of players on each side is
- Oval stadium in England is associated with
- Karnam Malleswari is associated with
Ans: Weight Lifting
- Aparna Popet is associated with
- 2010 World Cup football tournament was held in
Ans: South Africa
- Mithir Sen is associated with
- World’s most ancient game is
- Beighton cup is associated with
- The game of hockey originated in
- The term“Googly” is associated with
- Krishna Poonia is associated with
- Aga Khan Cup is awarded to
- 2014 FIFA World Cup will be held in
- 2010 winter Olympic was held in
- Ranji Trophy is associated with
- Icc’s 2007, the World Cup Cricket was held in
Ans: West Indies
- Yankee Stadium in Newyork is associated with
- The 2008 Olympics was held at
- Pullela Gopichand is associated with
- The ASIAD is held every
Ans: 4 Years
- Who are Kangaroos?
- In 2011 India won the World Cup. Who was adjudicated as the man of the series in the tournament?
Ans: Yuvraj Singh
- The maximum number of Gold medals in Olympics 2008 was won by
- Kunjarani Devi is associated with
Ans: Weight Lifting
- Who is Master Blaster?
Ans: Sachin Tendulkar
- The head quarters of International Olympic Committee is at
- The term “Smasher” is associated with
Ans: Volley Ball
- Santhosh Trophy is associated with
- First Indian woman to win WTA singles title is
Ans: Saniya Mirza
- How many gold medals won by India in 2010 Commonwealth Games?