General Knowledge Indian Culture Questions and Answers Set 7
- Who wrote Lilavati, a treatise on Algebra
- What title did Himu adopt after he occupied Agra and Delhi by defeating its Mughal governor?
Ans: Raja Vikramaditya
- Who were the opponents at the battle of Khanua?
Ans: Rana Sanga and Babur
- rom whom did the Portuguese capture Goa?
Ans: Sultan of Bijapur
- What was Shivaji's council of ministers known as?
Ans: The Ashla Pradhan Mandal
- What was the capital of the Bahmani kingdom?
- What was the original name of the town Daulatabad?
Ans: Deogiri (Devgiri)
- Which ruler introduced the concept of token currency in India?
Ans: Muhammad Bin Tughlaq
- Who was the guru of Harihara and Bukka?
Ans: Vidyaranya. He was the one who readmitted them into the Hindu fold
- Who were the first two kings of the Vijayanagara Empire?
Ans: Harihara and Bukka
- Who founded the Bahmani Kingdom?
Ans: Alauddin Hasan
- Who was born in Talwandi in 1469?
- Which language did the Turks introduce into India?
- Who built a new city at Delhi called Dinpanah?
- What was the original name of Raja Birbal?
Ans: Mahesh Das
- Which Mughal port city did Shivaji attack in 1664?
- What gift did Humayun offer Babur after Babur arrived in Agra following the first Battle of Panipat?
Ans: The Koh-i-nur.
- Who was the guru of Swami Vivekananda?
- Name India's first newspaper?
Ans: Bengal Gazette
- Who started the Swatantra Party?
Ans: C. Rajagopalachari.
- Who was the first Indian to be elected to the leadership of the Communist International?
Ans: M.N. Roy
- Who was the first President of the Indian National Congress?
Ans: Womesh Chandra Banerji
- Who was the first Indian woman President of the Indian National Congress?
Ans: Sarojini Naidu
- When did Mahatma Gandhi become the President of the Indian National Congress?
- Who was the President of the Congress in 1947 at the time of Independence?
Ans: Rajendra Prasad
- Who gave the first call for the freedom struggle in 1857?
Ans: Mangal Pandey
More GK Question and Answers