Computer Awareness Study Material For RRB Bank Competitive Exams
Computer Awareness Study Material1. A collection of 8 bits is called byte.
2. A website containing periodic posts is called blog
3. Starting up on operating system is called booting.
4. A program used to browse the web is called browser.
5. Vacuum tube was used in First Generation Computer
6. The 1st commercially produced and sold computer (1951) was UNIVAC.
7. http stands for hyper text transfer protocol.
8. The part of a computer that works with the data/programs is called CPU.
9. The code for a Web page is written using Hypertext Markup language
10. The first computers were programmed using Machine language
11. A filename is a unique name that you give to a file of information
12. This can be another word for program software
13. Any data or instruction entered into the memory of a computer is considered as storage
14. Which part of the computer displays the work done monitor
15. A series of instructions that tells a computer what to do and how to do it is called a program
16. Hardware is the part of a computer that one can touch and feel .
17. Supercomputers refers to the fastest, biggest and most expensive computers
18. Executing is the process of carrying out commands
19. The rectangular area of the screen that displays a program, data, and or information is a window
20. The process of a computer receiving information from a server on the internet is known as - downloading
21. Disk drive is the part of the computer helps to store information
22. Arithmetic operations include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
23. A keyboard is the king of input device
24. A collection of related information sorted and dealt with as a unit is a file
25. Sending an e-mail is similar to writing a letter
26. IT stands for information technology
27. A menu contains commands that can be selected
28. Plotter, printer, monitor are the group consists of output devices
29. Edit menu is selected to cut, copy and paste
30. The most important or powerful computer in a typical network is network server
31. The primary purpose of software is to turn data into information
32. The ability to find an individual item in a file immediately direct access is used.
33. To make a notebook act as a desktop model, the notebook can be connected to a docking station which is connected to a monitor and other devices
34. You can use the tab key to move a cursor across the screen, indent a paragraph.
35. A collection of related files is called record.
36. Storage that retains its data after the power is turned off is referred to as non-volatile storage.
37. A syntax contains specific rules and words that express the logical steps of an algorithm.
38. Changing an existing document is called the editing documentation
39. Virtual memory is memory on the hard disk that the CPU uses as an extended RAM.
40. Computers use the binary number system to store data and perform calculations.
41. The windows key will launch the start buttons.
42. To move to the beginning of a line of text, press the home key.
43. When sending an e-mail, the subject lines describe the contents of the message.
44. Tables, paragraphs and indexes work with when formatting text in word.
45. TB is the largest unit of storage.
46. The operating system tells the computer how to use its components.
47. When cutting and pasting, the item cut is temporarily stored in clipboard.
48. The blinking symbol on the computer screen is called the cursor.
49. Magnetic tape is not practical for applications where data must be quickly recalled because tape is a sequential because tape is a sequential access medium.
50. Rows and columns are used to organize data in a spread sheet.
51. When you are working on documentation on PC, the document temporarily stored in flash memory.
52. One megabyte equals approximately 1 million bytes.
53. Information travels between components on the motherboard through buses.
54. RAM refers to the memory in your computer.
55. Computer connected to a LAN can share information and or share peripheral equipment
56. Utilities can handle most system functions that aren‘t handled directly by the operating system
57. If you receive an e-mail from someone you don‘t know then you should delete it without opening it.
58. A set of instructions telling the computer what to do is called program
59. LAN refers to a small single site network
60. A collection of programs that controls how your computer system runs and processes information is called operating system.
61. Device drivers are small, special-purpose programs
62. Transformation of input into output is performed by the CPU
63. Data going into the computer is called input.
64. Binary choice offer only two options
65. To indent the first paragraph of your report, you should use tab key
66. A website address is a unique name that identifies a specific web site on the web
67. A set of computer programs used for a certain function such as word processing is the best definition of a software package
68. Alt, Ctrl & Shift keys in a keyboard are known as: Modifier key
69. Caps lock, Num lock & Scroll lock in a keyboard are known as: Toggle key
70. F1 to F12 keys in a keyboard are known as: Function keys
Computer Awareness Study Material For RRB Bank Competitive Exams Reviewed by Job today on 07:07 Rating: