Daily GK Update 8 June 2014
- Gunmen attacked one of Pakistan's biggest airports Karachi on Sunday and at least 26 people, including 10 attackers, were killed.
- N. Chandrababu Naidu, 64, on Sunday took oath as the first chief minister of Andhra Pradesh after the state was bifurcated to create Telangana.
- Rafael Nadal won the French Open title for the ninth time, and the fifth time in a row, by beating Novak Djokovic 3-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4 on Sunday in the final.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan inaugurates Mumbais first Metro starting from Versova station towards Ghatkopar station.
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Sunday held talks with his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj and discussed ways to strengthen cooperation in key areas including trade and investment.
- Kudankulam becomes India's first nuclear power plant to generate 1,000 MW
- Former Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Sunday appeared all set to become Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha after his appointment as Leader of Congress in the Upper House.
- The Justice Mudgal IPL Probe Committee met in Mumbai on Sunday and named former India captain Sourav Ganguly as the former cricketer to assist the committee in its investigation into the betting and spot-fixing scandal in last year's Indian Premier League.
DAILY GK UPDATE, Daily GK Update 8 June, Daily GK Updates 8 June 2014, 8-6-2014, Daily General Knowledge Updates June 8 2014, Daily Updates 8 June 2014.
Daily GK Update 8 June 2014 Reviewed by Job today on 11:32 Rating: