- Wrapping up his two-day visit as the Chinese President’s special envoy, Foreign Minister Wang Yi called India and China “natural partners” and said both countries “feel each other's development is a foreign policy priority”.
- Customers need to submit only one documentary proof of address — either current or permanent — while opening a bank account or while undergoing periodic updation, the Reserve Bank of India said.
- Toyota, whose market share in India remains below expectations, sees lot of opportunities to improve over the medium and long term. For this, it intends to adopt a strategy focussed on better understanding of customers and spreading wings to smaller cities.
- Former National champion Apurvi Chandela shot 415.3 and missed the final in women’s air rifle by 1.2 points in the shooting World Cup in Munich on Sunday.
- The former Congress MP and education baron from Vidarbha, Datta Meghe, quit the party along with his two sons on Monday and announced plans to join the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- The 14th Attorney-General of India, senior advocate Ranjit Kumar took charge as Solicitor-General of India on Monday.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar made a gaffe on Monday saying the State government would approach the Prime Minister to request for a ban on social media.
Daily GK Updates 9 June 2014,Daily Current Affairs and GK quizzes,Daily Current Affairs,Current Affairs, News, Analysis, Daily Tests For Banking, SSC, ... Current Affairs, News & Facts of 09 Jun 2014.