- First Aid Post was launched on 2 June 2014 at Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi. The post was launched to expand the network of health care to its beneficiaries. It was inaugurated by Harsh Vardhan, the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and Smriti Irani, the Union Minister for Human Resources Development.
- Bank of Maharashtra was conferred “Best Bank – Public Sector” award in BFSI Awards-2014 by World HRD Congress in recognition of its performance in Banking category, the bank said in a statement.
- France announced to provide one billion Euros (8200 crore rupees) line of credit over a three years period to India. The announcement was made by French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius who is on a visit to India.
- Kerala Government has appointed senior IAS officer A P M Mohammed Hanish as Nodal Officer for the matches likely to beld in Kochi during the 2017 FIFA under-17 world cup football. The appointment is as per FIFA’s direction, a Kerala Football Association press release said.
- After winning three medals in the ISSF World Cups in Munich and Slovenia recently, in-form Indian shooter Jitu Rai on Tuesday achieved the world number one ranking in air pistol event.The 27-year-old armyman from Lucknow is the seventh Indian shooter to have achieved this feat.
3 July 2014
Daily GK Update 2nd July 2014