- Legendary Kathak danseuse Sitara Devi died on 25 November 2014 at Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai.
She was also inspired from the environment around her town and village and the characters used to come live in her character.
- Former Supreme Court (SC) judge Justice Chandramauli Kumar (CK) Prasad was on 24 November 2014 chosen as the next chairperson of the Press Council of India (PCI). CK Prasad will succeed Justice Markenday Katju as the Chairman of the PCI. He was selected by a committee headed by Vice-President Hamid Ansari.
- Housing finance company DHFL on 20 November 2014 announced to name Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador. DHFL is the second largest housing finance company of India. Shah Rukh is the first brand ambassador of DHFL in its 30 year journey.
- Xiaomi on 24 November 2014 launched phablets Redmi Note 3G and 4G in India. The phones are priced at 8999 rupees for the 3G variant and 9999 rupees for the 4G LTE variant respectively. The 3G phones will be available on Flipkart while the 4G phone will be available in Airtel stores in six Indian cities. Xiaomi also revealed that it is planning to have more than 100 service centres operational in India by 2015.
- West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi was appointed as Governor of Bihar by the President Pranab Mukherjee on 23 November 2014. He will discharge the functions of the Governor of Bihar in addition to his own duties as Governor of West Bengal.
- Lahore-based author Bilal Tanweer on 24 November 2014 won the 2014 Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his novel The Scatter Here Is Too Great (Random House India). Bilal Tanweer was selected by the jury of the award consisting of authors Amit Chaudhuri, Aatish Taseer and Mridula Koshy. The award comprised of the price money of 2 lakhs rupees and a trophy.
- US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel on 24 November 2014 resigned after remaining at the top military post for less than two years (February 2013 to November 2014). He will stay on as secretary until his successor is confirmed.
- IAS officer Kiran Gurrala was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority (CMDA) on 24 November 2014.
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women observed across the world on 25 November 2014. The day was observed to raise awareness about violence against women and discuss solutions that would work for women community.
- Three global organisations on 24 November 2014 signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to end open defecation in India. The agreement is for three years.
- Indian Cyclist Deborah on 23 November 2014 won four gold medals at the Track Asia Cup Cycling Championship 2014. The Track Asia Cup Cycling Championship was held from 21 to 23 November 2014 at Indira Gandhi Stadium, New Delhi.
- Adani Power 24 November 2014 signed a binding agreement with Gautam Thapar-led Avantha Group to buy its Korba West Power Co Ltd (KWPCL) unit. Adani will buy the 600 MW coal based power plant unit of Avantha group in at 4200 crore rupees. The 600-MW’s coal based power plant is at Korba in Chhattisgarh.
- Market regulator SEBI’s interim measure to allow launch of two new schemes in a year by fund houses with net worth below Rs 50 crore has come as a major relief for small players, industry representatives said. In February, SEBI set minimum net worth threshold for fund houses at Rs 50 crore and asked the existing players to comply with these norms within three years.
- India is considering giving banks more flexibility when restructuring distressed loans in a bid to help cash-strapped projects to get funding from lenders, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan said.
- Australia batsman Phillip Hughes remained in critical condition in a Sydney hospital on Tuesday after undergoing emergency surgery for a sickening head injury sustained when struck by a ball during a domestic match.
- India's economic growth probably slowed to around 5 per cent in the three months to September, slipping from 5.7 per cent in the previous quarter, two government sources said, putting pressure on the central bank to cut interest rates.
General Knowledge Today - GK & Current Affairs, Daily Current Affairs and GK 25 November 2014, Daily GK Updates- 25 Nov 2014,Latest Current Affairs updates 25-11-2014, Daily GK Updates, General Knowledge & Current Affairs for All Competitive Exams, GK , General Knowledge Quiz Questions Test, GK Questions and Answers, Daily Gk Update 25 November 2014. Daily GK Update 25-11-2014. Daily GK Update November 25, 2014. daily gk update 25 november 2014.