Daily GK Update 26 November 2014 - Current Affairs
- Indian Cyclist Deborah on 23 November 2014 won four gold medals at the Track Asia Cup Cycling Championship 2014. The Track Asia Cup Cycling Championship was held from 21 to 23 November 2014 at Indira Gandhi Stadium, New Delhi.Deborah won two gold medals - in the women's elite keirin (8 laps) and sprint finals (3 laps) - on the concluding day of the championship for an overall individual tally of four gold medals.
- Haryana government on 25 November 2014 reversed the retirement age of government employees from 60 to 58 years. It also reversed the retirement age of Class IV, visually impaired and handicapped employees from 62 to 60 years.
- Aaranyak, an Assam-based NGO working for the conservation of nature and a Kathmandu-based International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) on 25 November 2014 won United Nations Lighthouse Activities award for the year 2014. They won the award under the focus area of information and communication technology (ICT) solutions.
- Indian dairy sector majors decided to celebrate 26 November as National Milk Day to mark the 93rd birth anniversary of Father of White Revolution, Dr. Verghese Kurien.
- United Nations (UN) Women on 25 November 2014 announced the appointment of Indian tennis superstar and youth icon, Sania Mirza, as its Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia. The organisation is dedicated to gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj visited United Arab Emirates from 10 November to 12 November 2014 at the invitation of UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- India and Nepal signed 10 pacts on 25 November 2014 during Prime Minister Narendra Modi visit to Nepal. The pacts included five Agreements and five memorandum of understandings (MoUs). PM Modi also attended two events.
- Nation remembered sixth anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attack on 26 November 2014. On this day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his speech at SARRC Summit remembing the Mumbai 26/11 terror attack of 2008 requested the SARRC countries to work and combat terrorism together.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank on 25 November 2014 became first bank in India to fully own an insurance business after Reserve Bank of India (RBI) gave permission to set up a wholly-owned non-life insurance company called Kotak General Insurance.
- Boxer Manoj Kumar today received the prestigious Arjuna Award from Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Michael Phelps was crowned Male Athlete of the Year at the 2014 USA Swimming Golden Goggle Awards on 24 November 2014. He was crowned with the title for a fifth time.
- Ms Deborah, a tribal girl from Andaman and Nicobar Islands has created history in National Level by winning four Gold Medals in the Track Asia Cup Cycling Championship 2014 which concluded at Indira Gandhi Stadium, New Delhi.
Daily GK Update 26 November 2014 - Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 22:42 Rating: