IBPS Clerk 2014 - GK Power Capsule - II Study Material - II
IBPS Clerk 2014 - GK Power Capsule - II Study Material - II
41. European Union lawmakers overwhelmingly backed a motion urging anti-trust regulators to break up Google.
42. The book titled Your Dreams Are Mine Now: She Showed him What Love was authored by Ravinder Singh was released. he book titled Black Tornado: The Three Sieges of Mumbai 26/11 authored by Sandeep Unnithan.43. Crime novelist PD James died at the age of 94
44. RBI eased gold imports and scrapped 20:80 scheme. The decision to withdraw the 20:80 scheme will cut smuggling of gold and raise legal shipments into India.
45. Beijing banned smoking in all indoor public spaces like workplaces and public transport vehicles and it will be effective from 1 June 2015.
46. Next China-India War- World's First Water War – authored by General S. Padmanabhan released
47. NASA celebrated the 50th anniversary of its first mission to Mars, Mariner 4 mission on 28 November 2014. Mariner 4 mission launched on 28 November 1964 was the NASA’s first successful journey to Mars.
48. India and Nepal launched the first ever bus service between the two countries.To begin with daily buses will ply between Delhi and Kathmandu. Later, there will be similar buses which will ply on two other routes - Delhi-Pokhara and Varanasi- Kathmandu.
49. Former Union Minister GK Vasan, who split from the Congress, has revived the Tamil Maanila Congress.
50. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first train from Mendipathar in Meghalaya to Guwahati.
51. Theatre personality Veenapani Chawla passes away
52. Russian film “Leviathan” by Andrey Zvyagintsev won the best film award comprising Golden Peacock and Rs.40 lakh at the 45th International film Festival of India.
ii. Mr. Alexey Serebryakov from the “Leviathan” also shared the best male actor award in the Cimena of the World competition.
53. Book titled Letters for a Nation written by Jawaharlal Nehru & Madhav Khosla was published by Allen Lane an imprint of Penguin Books .
54. Mumbai, Kolkata most vulnerable to loss of life, properties due to coastal flood: United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
55. Country's biggest oil company Indian Oil Corporation is looking at setting up a greenfield refinery on the West coast as part of its expansion plans.Indian Oil Corporation Chairman B Ashok said there is a need for green field refinery by 2021-22. After setting up of Paradip Refinery in East coast, focus is now on setting up of a refinery in West coast region.
56. Dubai to invest $32-billion to build world’s largest airport.The Dubai International Airport is the world’s second busiest airport after the London Heathrow.
57. The new natural gas price of USD 5.61, which is already among the lowest in Asia Pacific, is likely to drop to around USD 5 per unit in three years due to the variables included in the formula, Goldman Sachs has said.
58. PV Sindhu today bagged the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton title for the second consecutive time defeated Korean Kim Hyo Min
59. Israeli cricket umpire Hillel Oscar dies after being struck by ball
60. Officials from over 190 nations, including India converged in Lima at the UN climate summit to negotiate on a new ambitious and binding deal to cut global carbon emissions.During the 12-day summit in the Peruvian capital, countries will put forward what they plan to contribute to the 2015 pact in the form of Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) by the first quarter of 2015, well in advance of the Paris conference in December. Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar leads India's 17- member delegation to negotiate terms for the final agreement to be signed in Paris, which will take effect in 2020.
61. Tabare Ramon Vazquez Rosas won Uruguay Presidential Election 2014.Vazquez belongs to the leftist Broad Front coalition party of Uruguay.replaed Jose Mujica who was barred by law from running for a second consecutive term.
62. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday dedicated to the nation the second unit of the 726 MW gas-based power plant at Palatana in Tripura. A host of dignitaries from India and Bangladesh, which facilitated transportation of heavy machineries to the plant, were present on the occasion.
63. Focusing on improving connectivity to the Northeast, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the Centre would provide Rs 28,000 crore for laying new railway lines in the region and develop the untapped tourism potential of the area.Prime Minister said that the Centre has sanctioned Rs 5000 crore to provide 2G mobile coverage in this area for comprehensive telecom development plan of the northeast region.The Prime Minister said his government has decided to set up a National Sports University in Manipur and the people of the region will be great beneficiaries.
64. The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence announced
i. The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence was announced.
The awards were announced in the following category:
Business Leader of the Year – Dilip Shanghvi
Company of the Year – Tata Consultancy Services
Emerging Company of the Year – Adani Ports & SEZ
Global Indian of the Year – Satya Nadella
Startup of the Year – Zomato
Business Reformer of the Year – UK Sinha
Corporate Citizen of the Year – Tata Steel
Lifetime Achievement – Yusuf Hamied
Entrepreneur of the Year - Dhiraj Rajaram and Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
The award was sponsored by Standard Chartered Bank. Since 2012, Standard Chartered Bank has been the presenting sponsor of The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence.
65. Egypt court declared Islamic State of Iraq and Syria a terrorist group
66. Former Arunachal Pradesh CM Jarbom Gamlin passes away
67. ICC names SAP SE as analytics and cloud partner for 2015 World Cup
68. UAE captain Khurram Khan became the oldest player to score a century in ODI against Afghanistan in Dubai.
69. Mascot for the 2016 European football championship named Super Victor.The name for the cartoon character boy dressed as a footballer in blue and white with a red cape and number 16 jersey was preferred to Driblou and Goalix. Euro 2016 will take place in France from 10 June 2016 to 10 July 2016.
70. Former Indian football captain Baichung Bhutia has been conferred with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Hall of Fame Award.He received the award in Manila, Philippines on the occasion of afc's 60th anniversary. FIFA President Sepp Blatter presented the award to Baichung, the only Indian in the AFC's Hall of Fame.
71. RBI keeps interest rate unchanged
i. RBI in its fifth bi-monthly monetary policy statement kept the policy rates unchanged.
ii. The headline inflation has been receding steadily, and current readings are below the January 2015 target of 8 per cent as well as the January 2016 target of 6 per cent,'' the RBI said.
72. Former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee's birthday on 25th December would be observed as national 'Good Governance Day'.
73. Senior Congress leader, former Maharashtra Chief Minister, A R Antulay passed .
74. India today successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable strategicballistic missile Agni-IV, with a strike range of about 4,000 km, from a test range off the Odisha coast.This was the fourth trial of Agni-IV missile. The last trial was carried out successfully on January 20 this year from the same test range off Odisha coastaid .
75. Film artist of Ireland Duncan Campbell Turner Prize 2014 for a video called It For Others. The video reflects on African art and includes a dance sequence inspired by Karl Marx. He received the prize of 25000 pounds at Tate Britain in London.
76. Rajdeep Sardesai penned the book titled 2014: The Election That Changed.
77. Veteran music critic SV Krishnamurthy passed away
78. The Prime Minister of Taiwan Jiang Yi-huah on 29 November 2014 resigned after election loss. He lost his first election since protests erupted over a controversial TRADE deal with mainland China.
79. Bollywood actor Deven Varma passes away. He shot to fame with his performance in 1975 film Chori Mera Kaam, which bagged him his first Filmfare Award for Best Comedian.
80. Russia launched new generation GLONASS-K navigation satellite from the Plesetsk space centre in Russia’s northwestern Arkhangelsk region.This is the fifth launch of a Global Navigation Satellite System satellite (GLONASS) from the Plesetsk space centre. The first launch of a GLONASS satellite from Plesetsk took place on 26 February 2011.
IBPS Clerk 2014 - GK Power Capsule - II Study Material - I
IBPS Clerk 2014 - GK Power Capsule - II Study Material - II Reviewed by Job today on 07:18 Rating: