IBPS Clerk 2014 - GK Power Capsule - II Study Material - III
IBPS Clerk 2014 - GK Power Capsule - II Study Material - III
81. Anil Sinha takes over as new CBI Chief. Mr. Sinha is the third consecutive chief of the agency from Bihar following Ranjit Sinha and A.P. Singh
82. SBI Cards ties up with Future Group company Fashion at Big Bazaar (FBB) to offer a co-branded CREDIT CARD, ‘Styleup’.
83. World Bank, ADB to assist AP in Hudhud cyclone relief works. The World Bank Country Director is Omno Rahl and Country Director of Asian Development Bank (ADB) is Theresakho.
84. Central Bank to raise Rs. 626.23 cr from preferential issue to LIC. The capital raising committee of the board approved raising of additional equity capital by issuance of up to 8.28 crore shares at Rs. 75.55 a equity, Central Bank of India said in a statement.
85. Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait Delhi branch offers full-fledged services
86. India has showed some improvement in addressing corruption this year, ranking 85th among 175 countries as against 94th last year, graft watchdog Transparency International India (TII).Denmark retained its position as the least corrupt country in 2014 with a score of 92 while North Korea and Somalia shared the last place, scoring just 8, it said.
Cricket world bids tearful adieu to Phil Hughes at Macksville.
87. Canara Bank has been conferred with the Niryat Bandhu Silver Trophy in the in the banks category for its support services rendered for promotion of exports.
88. India celebrates 43rd Navy Day; President, PM salute devotion of Navy personne.
89. Union Finance Ministry constituted High Level Committee to interact with trade and industry on tax-related issues on a regular basis. The high level committee will be headed by former Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) Ashok Lahiri.The HLC will give recommendations to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) for issuance of appropriate clarifications by way of circulars, instructions on tax issues.
90. Justice Krishna Iyer passes away
91. Prince of Gujarat: The Extraordinary Story of Prince Gopaldas Desai released authored by Rajmohan Gandhi.
92. India, Japan to cooperate in the fields of Cyber security and Green Information and Communication Technology, ICT.
93. East Zone lifts Deodhar Trophy cricket tournament, beating West Zone by 24 runs at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai
94. India's S Ravi in ICC panel of umpires for World Cup
95. Narndra Modi named 'Asian of the Year' by Singapore's Straits Time.
96. RBI relaxed norms for Pre-paid Payment Instruments (PPIs) and doubled the limit to one lakh rupees from 50000 rupees.
Highlights of RBI norms on PPI
i. The maximum validity of gift cards has been enhanced from one year to three years. Other provisions of PPI guidelines with respect to gift cards will continue.
ii. RBI also allowed issue of multiple PPIs by banks from fully-KYC compliant bank accounts for dependent or family members.Only one card can be issued to one beneficiary.The central bank also permitted banks to issue rupee denominated PPIs for visiting foreign nationals and NRIs.
97. RBI issued guidelines for setting up a trading platform for trade receivables and bills of exchanges of Micro and Small and Medium Enterprises - MSME.The Trade Receivables Discounting System - TReDS should have a minimum paid up equity capital of 25 crore rupees and non-promoters would not hold over 10 per cent of the equity capital of TReDS.
98. HDFC Bank rules out a JV for payment bank
99. National Rifle Association of India ,NRAI, chief Raninder becomes first elected Indian in ISSF International Shooting Sport Federation committee
100. Private entity cannot hold more than 26% stake in public-private joint ventures for coal block allocations. However, if it is more than one private sector entity, the structure should be such that its stake does not exceed 49 per cent.A total of 92 blocks are being offered under the first round.
101. Air India, NBCC National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited sign MoU for development of of Air India at various locations on joint venture basis.
102. PSU bank ATMs will be able to print in Hindi soon
103. Ashton Carter new US defense secretary to replace Chuck Hagel as US Defence Secretary.
104. Arun Duggal appointed as non-executive Chairman of Credit rating agency ICRA. He will replace Pranab Kumar Choudhury who will resign from ICRA Limited and all other affiliated entities on 29 January 2015.
105. ICICI Bank ties up with price comparison app Zopper for offline and online.
106. ICICI Bank sells Russian subsidiary Russian subsidiary ICICI Bank Eurasia to Sovcombank
107. Govt appoints Dinesh Kumar as CEO of Polavaram Project
108. Orion spacecraft marks dawn of new chapter in space exploration: US NASA’s unmanned spacecraft completed its first test flight.Orion is expected to take up its first crew in 2021.
109. Fifth World Cup Kabaddi begins at Jalandhar in Punjab. 19 teams from 15 nations are participating in the tournament. These include 11 Men's and 8 women's teams.Prize worth 5.27 crore rupees are up for grabs in team and individual events.
110. Kotak Mahindra Bank launches savings bank account for customers of 55 years and above. According to the release, customers will earn 6 per cent pa on savings balance of over Rs 1 lakh and 5 per cent on balances up to Rs 1 lakh.To earn higher return on their balances, they can sign up for the Kotak ActivMoney facility, which converts savings account balance above a certain amount into term deposits.
111. India sets new world record for largest human flag formed by over 50,000 volunteers, beating the previous record held by Pakistan.
112. Modi, Mukesh Ambani most searched personalities in 2014: Yahoo
113. Dev Shah becomes world champion in Under-7 category in World Schools Chess Championships at Juiz de Fora in Brazil.
114. Mandatory for PSUs from 1st April, 2015 to procure 20 percent of products manufactured by MSME: Govt
115. India forex reserves up $ 1.432 billion to $ 316.311 billion
i. India's forex reserves surged by 1.432 billion US dollar to 316.311 billion dollar in the week ended 28th November.The country's gold reserves remained unchanged at 19.738 billion dollar. The Special Drawing Rights increased by 6.4 million dollar to 4.229 billion dollar, while the country's reserve position with the IMF also rose by 2.5 million dollar to 1.521 billion dollar during the week.
116. Indian Blind Cricket Team lifts World Cup after defeating Pakistan in Cape Town, South Africa .
117. India’s communication satellite GSAT-16 launched from Kourou in French Guiana functioning normally. GSAT 16 has highest number of 48 transponders that will be used for television, telephone and internet applications.
118. Kumar Sangakkara became fourth batsman to complete 13000 ODI runs
119. Amos Meindi of Kenya won 29th Pune International full Marathon
120. Carnatic vocalist Nedanuri Krishnamurthy died
IBPS Clerk 2014 - GK Power Capsule - II Study Material - III Reviewed by Job today on 07:22 Rating: