Current Affairs November 2014
- India's PV Sindhu wins the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title.
- Baichung Bhutia becomes the first Indian footballer to be inducted into Asian Football Confederation's Hall of Fame list.
- The first passenger train to Meghalaya from Assam was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Guwahati.
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) summit in Nepal conclude with an agreement on energy cooperation.
- Australian Test cricketer Phillip Hughes died in hospital after he was in coma for three days following a head injury sustained while playing in a Sheffield Shield game in Sydney.
- Nine Army soldiers found guilty of killing two teenagers in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam on November 3.
- India launches e-Visa facility for the tourist of 43 Nations.
- People votes in the first phase of the polling in Jammu and Kashmir and in Jharkhand state assembly election.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Nepal to attend SAARC summit.
- Former Union Minister and senior Congress leader Murli Deora died in Mumbai.
- US president Barack Obama will be the chief guest on 2015 Republic Day celebration after he had accepted Prime Minister Narendra Modi's invitation.
- The Supreme Court asks CBI Director Ranjit Sinha to step out of 2G Investigation.
- Haryana Police arrested controversial guru Rampal from his ashram in Hisar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrive Fiji in a one day visit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi becomes the first Indian PM to address Australian Parliament.
- The Justice Nanavati Commission submit its final report on the 2002 Gujarat riots to the state Chief Minister Anandiben Patel.
- The Indian Hockey coach Terry Walsh resigns from its post.
- The G20 annual summit completed in Brisbane in Australia.
- India's Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth win the China Open Women and Men Singles Title respectively.
- India wins the 5 match cricket series against Sri Lanka by 5-0.
- Children’s Day observed across India on the occasion of 125th Birthday of India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- World Diabetes Day is observed to create awareness on diabetes.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Australia to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane.
- Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson wins the ICC cricketer of the year award.
- Rohit Sharma scores 264 runs which is highest runs by any individual in International ODI cricket. He scores the run in the match against Sri Lanka in Eden Garden, Kolkata. He also becoming the first man scores two double centuries in ODIs. Rohit Sharma strike 33 fours during the innings which is highest number of fours in an innings by any batsman in ODI.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar elected as the member of Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh.
- Five Army men, including two officers were sentenced to life term for killing three peoples in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir in 2010.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attends the ASEAN and the East Asian summits in Myanmar along with other world leaders.
- For the first time in history, The European Space Agency (ESA) has successfully landed a probe known as Philae on the surface of a comet.
- Five congress MLA from Maharashtra have been suspended for allegedly manhandling and injuring Governor C Vidyasagar Rao outside the assembly during the confidence motion.
- BJP government in Maharastra won the confidence motion through a voice vote.
- Bollywood filmmaker Ravi Chopra died at the age of 68 due to severe lung ailment.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves for 10 day visit to Myanmar, Australia and Fiji.
- In the expansion of Union Cabinet, newly included Manohar Parrikar takes the charge Defence, Suresh Prabhu gets Railways Ministry, JP Nadda gets Health and Ch Birender Singh takes the charge of Rural Development.
- Shiv Sena decided to sit in opposition in Maharashtra Assembly.
- Four cabinet ministers, three ministers of state with independent charge and 14 ministers of state added to the Union Government.
- Indian batsman Virat Kohli became the fastest cricketer to reach 6000 ODI run on his 144th match and 136th innings during the game against Sri Lanka in Hyderabad.
- Goa Health Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has been sworn in as the Chief Minister after Manohar Parrikar resigned.
- Lenovo Company has completed the acquisition of the Motorola Mobile brand.
- Sachin Tendulkar released his autobiography "Playing It My Way" in Mumbai.
- India cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named as skipper of ICC ODI team for fifth year in a row.
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh conferred with the Japan's Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers award, one of the Japan's top national awards.
- The resurrected World Trade Centre reopen for business after thirteen years of the 9/11 terrorist attack.
- Bollywood actor Sadashiv Amrapurkar died in Mumbai.
- Justice Mukul Mudgal has submitted its final report of spot-fixing in the Indian Premier League's season 6 to the apex court.
- Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq equaled the record for the fastest Test century by reaching the milestone in 56 balls against Australia in Abu Dhabi.
- Central Zone defeat South Zone by nine runs to wins the Duleep Trophy crown at the Ferozeshah Kotla Ground, Delhi.
- Bangalore city is now officially known as Bengaluru and Mysore as Mysuru along with 10 other cities which are reverted to their old Kannada names from today.
- From today, the free transaction in ATMs to withdraw money or for other purposes like balance enquiry limited to 5 times.
Current Affairs November 2014 Reviewed by Job today on 14:52 Rating: