1. The Expert Appraisal Committee on Infrastructure Development approved the development of no-frill airports at Kishangarh in Rajasthan and Belgaum in Karnataka.
2. Wi-Fi facility was launched at Ahmedabad Railway Station by the Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
3. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced an anti-terror law criminalising public terror threats and giving more teeth to CSIS. This is the 2nd piece of legislation introduced since the October 2014 terrorist attack in Ottawa and Quebec.
4. The Satellite was launched from the Tanegashima Space Centre in the Kagoshima Prefecture in the south of Japan.
5. A fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) MiG 21 crashed at Rasoolnagar area near Bed village of Jamnagar district of Gujarat on 31 January 2015. No casualty was reported in the crash as the pilot managed to eject himself safely.
6. Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams won the men’s and women’s single title, respectively in Australian Open 2015 played in Melbourne, Australia. Indo-Swiss pair Leander Paes and Martina Hingis was the winner in mixed category.
7. Australia won the tri-nation One-Day International (ODI) Series by defeating England by 112 runs in the final. The tri-series was played between Australia, England and India.
8. Ashok K Agarwal appointed as General Manager of Southern Railway
9. Prasanth Kumar will report to Srinivas, CEO of GroupM South Asia and Gowthaman Ragothaman, COO of MindShare Asia Pacific.
10. A headless sculpture of Buddha dating back to 10th century AD was discovered at Manalur village in Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu in January 2015.
11. India and China jointly launched Visit India Year in China
12. Mithileshwar awarded with Shrilal Shukla Sahitya IFFCO Award 2014
13. Arvind Kumar Jain appointed as Director General of Police of Uttar Pradesh.
14. Nandita Chatterjee was appointed as the Secretary in the Union Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA).
15. Peter Gomes, the former Delhi state footballer who represented Delhi state team in the Senior National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy died on 30 January 2014. He was 60.
16. Renowned Photo journalist Krishna Murari Kishan passed away on 1 February 2015 after suffering multi-organ failure at a private hospital in New Delhi.
17. Pakistan successfully test-fired Air Launched Cruise Missile Ra’ad
18. Madhya Pradesh won the 10th National Award for excellent work in MGNREGA
19. Sergio Mattarella, 73, a Constitutional Court Judge was elected as the President of Italy on 31 January 2015.
20. 12-year-old, Saloni Dalal became the youngest individual medal winner in National Games 2015. She won bronze in 200 meter breast stroke swimming event.
21. Netball player Mayuresh Pawar who was in Kerala to represent Maharashtra in National Games 2015 died due to cardiac arrest few hours after the match against Chandigarh.
22. Madhusudhan Prasad was appointed as the Secretary in the Union Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD).
23. Vijay Kumar won the Gold of 25 metre Centre Fire Pistol event at the 35th National Games
24. LC Goyal, a 1979-batch IAS officer of Kerala cadre was appointed as the Union Home Secretary on 4 February 2015.
25. Dr. Zakir A. Naik, the founder and President of the Islamic Research Foundation of India on 3 February 2015 won the King Faisal International Prize (KFIP) for the year 2015. Naik, an international preacher on Islam was awarded for Service to Islam.
26. 60th Filmfare Awards were announced on 31 January 2015 at the Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai. Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut won the Best Actor Award for Male and Female category, respectively.
27. The Odisha Government appointed Justice Madan Mohan Das as Chairman of the Commission of Inquiry probing multi-crore chit fund scam in Odisha.
28. World Cancer Day (WCD) 2015 was observed across the world on 4 February 2015.
29. M Ravindran was appointed as the Chairman of Indraprastha Gas Ltd, the firm that sells CNG in New Delhi.
30. Damyant Singh was appointed as the Brand Director of German sportswear brand Adidas Group, India.
31. Nickolay Mladenov of Bulgaria was appointed as new United Nations (UN) Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process and Personal Representative to the Palestine Liberation Organization and the Palestinian Authority.
32. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan’s name was included in the LIMCA book of records in the first week of February 2015.
33. Union Government on 7 February 2015 decided to infuse 6990 crore rupees in nine Public Sector Banks to enhance their capital and meet global risk norms. The capital infusion was decided on the basis of performance of each bank.
34. MO Garg was appointed as the Director General of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR). Prior to his present posting, he was Director in CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum (IIP), Dehradun.
35. The 15th Delhi Sustainable Development Summit was held at the Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi from 5 February 2015 to 7 February 2015.
36. Naveen Chopra was appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Vodafone India. He succeeded Sunil Sood who on 22 January 2015 was elevated to post of Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer in the company.
37. World Radio Day observed on 13 February
38. Arvind Kejriwal sworn-in as Chief Minister of Delhi
39. The Reserve Bank of India on 13 February 2015 announced that soon the currency notes of one rupees denomination will be in circulation. The notes will be printed by the Government of India.
40. Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt announced that he will retire from athletics after the 2017 World Championships in London.
41. Virat Kohli became the first Indian cricketer to score a century against Pakistan in the ICC World Cup.
42. India and Sri Lanka on 16 February 2015 signed bilateral agreements on civil nuclear cooperation, cultural cooperation and cooperation in the field of Agriculture. Besides, an agreement was also signed for Sri Lanka's participation in the Nalanda University Project.
43. Punit Renjen was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited's Global Operations with effect from 1 June 2015.
44. Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) awarded Honorary Life Membership to the former Indian cricket captain Saurav Ganguly. He has been a member of the MCC World Cricket committee since July 2014.
45. Raosaheb Ramrao Patil, former Home Minister of Maharashtra and NCP leader, died on 16 February 2015 at Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai after suffering from oral cancer.
46. Faisal Siddiqui appointed as South Asia President of HTC
47. Bihar Government decided to grant 35% reservation for women in Non-Gazetted jobs
48. Noted film producer and Dada Saheb Phalke award winner Daggubati Ramanaidu died on 18 February 2015 in a hospital of Hyderabad. He was 78.
49. Legendary Urdu Poet Dr. Kalim Ahmed Ajiz died
50. Rashad Hussain appointed as US Special Envoy for Strategic Counterterrorism Communications
51. Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi resigned
52. Two tropical cyclones Marcia and Lam hit Australia on 20 February 2015. This is the first time that two cyclones have hit Australia at one time.
53. Maheshwar Sahu was appointed as an Independent Director on the board of Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL). He is a retired IAS officer.
54. Govind Pansare, leader of Communist Party of India (CPI), died on 20 February 2015 at Breach Candy hospital in Mumbai. He was 82.
55. Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri won the Indian Open title at the Delhi Golf Club. To clinch the title, Lahiri defeated SSP Chowrasia on the first playoff hole.
56. Janatal Dal (United) leader NItish Kumar was sworn in as the 34th Chief Minister of Bihar.
57. Chris Gayle, the Cricketer of West Indies became the first person to make double century in any Cricket World Cup. He struck 202 off 138 balls in a match against Zimbabwe in World Cup 2015.
58. Ranchi Rays on 23 February 2015 crowned champions of Hero Hockey India League 2015 (HHIL) by defeating Jaypee Punjab Warriors.
59. DK Pandey was appointed as the Director General of Police (DGP) of Jharkhand. He is a 1984 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer.
60. Mufti Mohammed Sayeed sworn-in as Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir
61. National Science Day observed in India on 28 February
62. AB de Villiers who took 64 deliveries to reach the 150, broke the previous best record of Australian Shane Watson by 19 balls. He struck 162 not out from 66 balls against west Indies in World cup 2015.