Daily GK Update 15 March 2015 Current Affairs
- The Haryana Govt is going to introduce teaching of Bhagavad Gita in schools across the state from coming academic session.
- The government will also introduce a bill with "stringent punishment for cow slaughter in the on-going budget session of the assembly."
- Haryana Chief Minister : Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haryana Agriculture Minister : Om Prakash Dhankhad
- In order to ensure women safety, Delhi government has ordered all taxi operators to install GPS in their vehicles, failing which fitness certificate will not be issued to them.
- Today is Viswa Upabhokta Adhikar Diwas (World Consumer Rights Day).
- On March 15, 1962 US President John F. Kennedy gave a speech on consumer rights which led to the creation of the Consumer Bill of Rights.
- Consumer rights activist Anwar Fazal later proposed the observance of a "World Consumer Rights Day" marking that date, and from 15 March 1983 consumer organizations began observing that date as an occasion to promote basic rights of consumers.
- Noted Gandhian and former Chancellor of Gujarat Vidyapith, Narayan Desai (90) passed away.
- He is the son of Mahatma Gandhi's diarist Mahadev Desai.
- He was popular for reciting 'Gandhi-Katha' (narratives on the life of Mahatma Gandhi) across the world which he began in 2004.
- Lia Van Leer (90), founder of the Jerusalem Cinematheque and a pioneering figure in the Israeli film industry passed away.
- She was fondly called as "Queen of Israeli Cinema".
- Kidambi Srikanth creates history by winning the $120,000 Swiss Grand Prix Gold badminton championship in Switzerland
- India beats Poland 3-1 in final to win Women's Hockey World League Round 2
- World Cup
- Pakistan beat Ireland and West Indies defeat UAE in the last pool games.
- WorldCup2015 Quarter Final Fixtures : -
- SL Vs SA 18th March
- IND Vs BAN 19th March
- AUS Vs PAK 20th March
- NZ Vs WI 21st March
Daily GK Update 15 March 2015 Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 11:31 Rating: