Daily GK Updates - 26th June 2015 Important Current Affairs
1. Indian spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has been conferred with Colombia’s highest civilian award, Orden de la Democracia Simon Bolivar en el grado de cruz Caballero. He was bestowed with this award for spreading the message of peace in society, reducing stress, inter-mediation in war and combating violence through yoga and breathing exercises.
2. Sahitya Akademi has conferred prestigious ‘Bhasha Samman’ on four scholars for their contribution to classical and medieval literature in various languages. The award will bestowed upon them by the President of the Sahitya Akademi at a special function which will be held later.
3. India has topped in the regional inflow of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in South Asia region during year 2014, accounting for 34 billion US dollars investments. It was revealed in United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD’s) World Investment Report 2015.
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the date to exchange pre-2005 bank notes till December 31, 2015 for third time. Earlier in December 2014, RBI had set the last date for public to exchange these notes as June 30, 2015. RBI has urged people to deposit the old design notes in the bank accounts or exchange them at a bank branch. The apex bank also has stated that the notes can be exchanged for their full value and all such notes continue to remain legal tender.
5. India and United States have signed a series of agreements on health in order to enhance cooperation in health sector. The multiple areas covered under such agreement include cancer research, medical infrastructure development and application of new diagnostic technologies.
6. India’s legendary batsman and Bharat Ratna recipient Sachin Tendulkar has been voted the ‘Best Test player’ of the 21st century in an online poll. The online poll was conducted by Cricket Australia’s website for the list of the 100 best Test players since 2000. In this poll, Sachin got the highest number of votes to emerge top on the list. Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara received the second highest votes. He was followed by Australian cricketer Adam Gilchrist in the third position.
7. Anshula Kant was on 25 June 2015 appointed as the Deputy Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of State Bank of India (SBI). She succeeded P K Gupta, who was promoted as Chief Executive Officer of SBI Capital.
8. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to allow Authorised Dealer Category I (AD Category-I) Banks to borrow foreign currency from International/Multinational Financial Institutions (IFIs/MFIs).In this regard, a notification was issued by the RBI on 25 June 2015.
9. The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was on 26 June 2015 observed globally with the theme Let’s Develop our Lives, our Communities, our identities without Drugs. This important day was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 7 December 1987 to help create a society free of illegal drugs and drug abuse. Each year the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) selects a theme for the day.
10. Two-day long annual Hemis festival dedicated to the Guru Padmasambhava began on 26 June 2015 in largest monastery of Ladakh Hemis Gompa (monastery) of Jammu and Kashmir. Hemis festival is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava. During this festive season, Lamas called 'chhams,' perform masked dances and sacred plays to the accompaniment of cymbals, drums and long horns. The head lama presides over the function.
11. India and the US signed memoranda of understanding on cooperation in cancer research, prevention, control and management, collaboration in environmental and occupational health and injury prevention, and a letter of intent on anti-microbial resistance research.
Daily GK Update - 26th June 2615,Daily GK Updates 26 June 2615 current affairs, Daily GK Update, Daily GK Update June, current affair 2615, latest gk, www.bankersadda.com, www.bitsadda.com, www.freejobalert.com, jagranjosh.com, www.bhaskarjosh.com, Daily GK Updates 26th June 2615 Current Affairs, naukriline.in, www.currentaffairs5examz.com, Daily Gk Capsule, 26 June 2615 Current Affairs, Daily GK Update 26-6-2015, Latest Current Affairs 26th June 2615, Current Affairs 26th June 2615 – GKToday, nayaexam.com, 26 June 2615 Current Affairs, gktoday.in, Daily Current Affairs, Daily GK Updates on current affair news, 26th June 2615 - Important Current Affairs updates.
Daily GK Updates - 26th June 2015 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 16:15 Rating: