Awards and Honours - General Knowledge - Competitive Exams - 2
1. Who among
the following won the Padma Vibhushan Award in 2013 in the category of
Science and Technology?
a.) Dr. Vijay Kumar Saraswat
b.) Dr. Ashoke Sen
c.) Prof. Yash Pal
d.) Prof. Mustansir Barma
2. Rahul Dravid was awarded with a national honour for sport in 2013.
Which award did he win?
a.) Padma Vibhushan
b.) Padma Bhushan
c.) Padma Shri
d.) Khel Ratna
3. In which year was Sharmila Tagore honoured with Padma Bhushan in the
category of Art?
4. Who among the following was not hounoured with Padma award in 2013
a.) Rajesh Khanna
b.) Jaspal Singh Bhatti
c.) Dr. Ram Krishnan
d.) Dr. Jayaraman Gowrishankar
5. What is Dada Saheb Phalke award awarded for?
a.) Contribution for the growth and development of Indian Cinema.
b.) Contribution in various categories including science, sports.
c.) Contribution in the field of literature
d.) Contribution in the field of peace.
6. Which of the following is India’s highest sporting honour?
a.) Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
b.) Arjuna Award
c.) Dronacharya Award
d.) Dhyan Chand Award
7. Navneet Kaur Dhillon was crowned as Femina Miss India 2013. Which
city does she come from?
8. “Baby Nobel” awards are given away by American Economic Association
to an American Economist under the age of:
9. Dr. Madhav Chavan who was honoured with Education ‘Nobel Prize’ in
Nov- 12 is the CEO of which Indian Organisaton?
10. Who won FIFA player of the year award for 2013 in male category?
a.) Lionel Messi
b.) Vicente del Bosque
c.) Pia Sundhage
d.) Miroslav Stoch
11. Which Indian Legend was posthumously honoured with Grammy Best World
Music Album for “The Living Room Sessions Part I”?
a.) Pt. Ravi Shankar
b.) Pt. Jasraj
d.) Ustab Amzad Ali
12. ‘Green Oscar’ is also known as:
a.) Greens Award
b.) Oscar Greenery
c.) Whitley Award
d.) Environment Award
13. Who was awarded as ODI cricketer of the year at ICC function in
Colombo in Sept 2012?
a.) Kumar Sangakkara
b.) Sunil Narine
c.) Daniel Vettori
d.) Virat Kohli
14. Which is the Asia’s highest honour?
a.) Kyoto Awards
b.) Magsaysay Awards
c.) Mahatma Gandhi International Award
d.) None of the above
15. Who among the following won Noble Prize 2012 in the category of
a.) Sir John Gurdon
b.) Mr. Shinya Yamanaka
c.) Both a and b
d.) None of the above
16. Which movie won the Oscar Award 2013 in the category “Best Movie”:
b.) Life of Pi
d.) Silver Linings Playbook
17. Which movie won the Oscar -2013 award in the category “Best animated
b.) Django Unchained
d.) Les Miserables
Answers 1. c
17. c Also Read:- More GK Question and Answers