Directions (1–5): In the following questions, the symbols @, ©, %, $ and d are used with the following meanings illustrated.
‘P % Q’ means ‘P is greater than Q’.
‘P @ Q’ means ‘P is smaller than Q’.
‘P © Q’ means ‘P is either smaller than or equal to Q’.
‘P $ Q’ means ‘P is either greater than or equal to Q’.
In each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answers :
(1) If only conclusion I is true.
(2) If only conclusion II is true.
(3) If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true.
(4) If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II is true.
(5) If both conclusions I and II are true.
1. Statements : A @ J, J © B, B d K
Conclusions: I. K d J II. K % J
2. Statements : A $ B, B d H, A @ W
Conclusions: I. W % B II. H © A
3. Statements : K @ R, R © V, V $ T
Conclusions : I. V % K II. K @ T
4. Statements : W © D, D $ B, B @ H
Conclusions : I. H % D II. W @ B
5. Statements : F d T, T $ M, M © R
Conclusions : I. R $ F II. M © F
1-3 2-5 3-1 4-4 5-2