Daily GK Update 25th July 2016 Important Current Affairs
1. China has unveiled AG600, the world's largest aircraft which can land on both water and land and used to fight forest fires and perform marine rescues.
2. The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned 25 projects under the Swadesh Darshan scheme worth Rs. 2048 Crore. The scheme is launched in January 2015.
3. The Ministry of Science and Technology has come up with a 'Solar Power Tree', an innovative way to generate electricity using solar power in a limited space.
4. The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of rs. 5 crore on Bank of Baroda in the alleged rs. 6,000 crore forex related irregularities that were observed in October last year.
5. ICICI Bank and Axis Bank are the first Indian banks to sign up for Swift’s global payments innovation initiative. The Belgium-based Swift is a global member-owned cooperative and a leading provider of secure financial messaging services.
6. Software services major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been ranked as the top employer in the Indian IT industry by the representative body Nasscom. Though Cognizant is a US-based IT firm, it has the largest number of employees in India with development centres in Chennai, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad.
7. Nepal's Prime Minister, Khadga Prasad Oli has resigned from his office. He resigned ahead of a no-confidence vote.
8. Kolkata-based diversified conglomerate ITC Ltd has named Sanjiv Puri as Chief Operating Officer of the company.
9. Ricoh India has stated that its Chairman and Director Tetsuya Takano has resigned from the company. The company has appointed Ian Peter Winham as its Director/Chairman with immediate effect.
10. Formula one driver Lewis Hamilton (British Formula One racing driver from England) has won the Hungarian Grand Prix to top the drivers’ championship table for the first time this season.
11. Promising Indian shooter Manavaditya Rathore has won the trap bronze medal in the Champion of Champions match at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy.
12. The 2016 Swiss Open Gstaad, a men's tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts has won by the Spain player Feliciano Lopez.
Daily GK Update 25th July 2016 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 07:43 Rating: