1. Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed on 26th July every year in honour of the Kargil War’s Heroes. Defence minister Manohar Parikar and three service chief paid homage to Kargil martyrsat Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate in New Delhi.
2. Noted archaeologist Dr. Budha Rashmi Mani has been appointed as Director General (DG) ofNational Museum.
3. Booking tickets of Indian railway through the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website can avail a travel accident cover of 10 lakh rupees at a premium of one rupee from September 2016.
4. Indian e-commerce company Flipkart Ltd has acquired Jabong through its unit Myntra in a cut-price deal that values the online fashion store at $70 million.
5. Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has become the number one Test bowler again, after taking 7 wickets in the 1st Test against West Indies.
6. The Lok Sabha has passed Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2016 or opening six new IITs. The Bill seeks to amend the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 to add six new IITs as institutions of national importance.
7. India has contributed US 100,000 dollars to the United Nations’ Trust Fund in support of victims of sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeepers. With this India became the first country to make a contribution to the fund and to start UN fund for sex abuse victims.
8. The India’s first Green Rail Corridor was inaugurated on the 114-km long Rameswaram-Manamadurai stretch in Tamil Nadu. It was inaugurated by Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu through video-conferencing from Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
9. Sanjiv Puri was appointed as the Chief Operating Officer of Kolkata-based ITC Ltd. with immediate effect. He will be responsible for running day-to-day operations of the company as COO, a position created for the first time at ITC.
10. Narsingh Yadav, the Indian wrestler qualifier for Rio Olympics, in July 2016 failed a dope test. He was tested positive for a banned substance steroid in an out-of-competition test conducted by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).