Daily GK Update 27th July 2016 Important Current Affairs
1. Union Ministers Venkaiah Naidu and Manohar Parrikar unveiled a life-size statue of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam at Peikarumbu, his burial site in Rameswaram on the occasion of his first death anniversary.
2. RBI has imposed penalty of Rs 2 crore each on Allahabad Bank and UCO Bank and Rs 1 crore on Bank of India for violation of anti-money laundering norms.
3. The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill was passed by Lok Sabha. which prohibits employment of children below 14 years in all occupations except in family business, with the provision for the imprisonment of up to two years for any violation. The Bill was almost unanimously passed by voice vote, defines children between 14-18 years as adolescents and lays down that they should not be employed in any hazardous occupations and processes.
4. The Odisha government has approved three projects involving investment of nearly 870 crore rupees. The projects will generate employment potential of 630 persons.
5. The Union Government has approved nearly 1600 crore rupees for Jammu and Kashmir under skill development initiative 'Himayat'.
6. Classical singer Thodur Madabusi Krishna and National Convenor of Safai Karmachari Andolan Bezwada Wilson featured in this year's list of winners of the coveted Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016. The Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award established to perpetuate former Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay's.
7. Chinese electronics firm LeEco is buying American TV manufacturer Vizio for $2 billion.
8. Veteran diplomat Arundhati Ghose, who led the Indian delegation at the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) negotiations in Geneva in 1996, passed away here early on Tuesday aged 76.
9. Spin legend Muttaiah Muralitharan will be the first Sri Lankan to be included in the ICC's Hall of Fame.
10. Dakshayani (86-year) is all set to enter the Guinness World Records as the oldest living elephant.
11. Kolkata’s football club East Bengal announced that the 2016 Bharat Gaurav Award, also known as Pride of India Award, will be conferred on legendary athlete Milkha Singh.
Daily GK Update 27th July 2016 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 22:30 Rating: