1. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of A K Mittal as Chairman Railway Board (with effect from August 1, 2016) for a period of two years.
2. Every year 29th July is celebrated as the International Tiger Day.
3. BCCI chief Anurag Thakur was commissioned into the Territorial Army (TA) as a regular officer by Army chief Dalbir S Suhag.
4. Japanese payments company OKI has installed 600 automatic teller machines with cash recycling abilities for country's largest lender State Bank of India across the country.
5. India and Bangladesh have agreed to enhance cooperation on anti-terror efforts with Dhaka saying that New Delhi will be "side-by-side" with it in fighting terrorists. National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrish and Director Generals of Border Security Force and Narcotics Control Bureau participated in the talks.
6. CK Mishra, a 1983 batch IAS officer of the Bihar cadre, has been appointed the new Health Secretary.
7. T Nanda Kumar has resigned as chairman of Gujarat-based National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) from August 1, about 30 months ahead of the end of his tenure.
8. Four new writers have got the Bharatiya Jnanpith's 11th Navlekhan award for the year 2015 in a ceremony held in New Delhi. Out of these four, three are from Rajasthan. The awardees were chosen by a selection panel headed by senior writer and journalist Madhusudan Anand, comprising eminent literary figures Vishnu Nagar, Govind Prasad and Om Nischal.
9. American author James Alan McPherson has passed away in Iowa City, U.S. He was 72 years old.
10. German professional footballer, Bastian Schweinsteiger has retired from the national team, marking the end of a glittering international football career.