1. Wipro Chairman Azim Premji and HCL co-founder Shiv Nadar are the only two billionaires from India in Forbes' list of the world's 100 richest people in technology. They are ranking in the top 20 ahead of Google boss Eric Schmidt and Uber CEO Travis Kalanick.
2. The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval for amendments to Section 44 and consequential amendments of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 by introducing the Lokpal and Lokayukta (Amendment) Bill, 2016 in the Parliament.
3. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has launched a data bank Portal of micro, small and medium enterprises, MSME in New Delhi.
4. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has signed a MoU with Defence Food Research Laboratory of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for Transfer of Technology of Retort Pouch Processed Foods so that ready-to-eat food can be warmed and eaten straight out of the packet.
5. Madhya Pradesh and the Union Territory (UT) of Puducherry have signed the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Power to join the Ujwal Discom Assurance scheme that will save the state Rs 17,515 crore and for the UT it is expected to be around Rs.72 crore.
6. Bill Maris, the chief executive, and founder of Alphabet Inc's , venture capital arm of GV, is leaving the company. Maris, who will leave on Friday, will be replaced by GV managing partner David Krane.
7. Power plant equipment manufacturer, Bharat Heavy Electricals limited (BHEL) has appointed Akhil Joshi as the Director (Power).
8. ITC’s leading health & hygiene brand, Savlon, has announced the name of ace shuttler- Saina Nehwal as its brand ambassador.
9. Microsoft has announced the appointment of Sriram Rajamani as new managing director of its India lab.
10. India's only weightlifter at the Rio Olympics, Sathish Sivalingam was ousted from the men's 77 kg weightlifting event at the Games.