Daily GK Update 1st August 2016 Important Current Affairs
1. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off maiden broad-gauge train service between Agartala and Delhi, ‘Tripura Sundari Express’.
2. The Andhra Pradesh government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Japan to develop a food value chain in the state.
3. Mobile payments company MobiKwik and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) have announced an exclusive partnership, wherein MobiKwik will power e-cash payments on IRCTC's e-catering app, Food on Track.
4. Global software major, Oracle India has announced a corporate citizenship collaboration with State Bank of India (SBI) and launched the 'D-Change' programme which will support education and learning, women's empowerment and rural skills development in the country.
5. Country's largest private sector lender ICICI Bank has announced a 0.05% reduction in its marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR).
6. International Kabaddi Federation has announced the selection of India for hosting "The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup".
7. The Patna Pirates have won the fourth edition of STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League by defeating Jaipur Pink Panthers in the final match played at Gachibowli Stadium, Hyderabad (Telangana).
8. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has won the 2016 German Grand Prix title of Formula One. It was his fourth consecutive win in the 2016 season and overall fifth title of the 2016 season.
9. Union Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu has laid the foundation stone of anew railway line from Dimapur Dhansiripar to Zubza Kohima(123-kilometre).
10. Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari has been sworn-in as the 39th Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
11. Skydiver Luke Aikins from United States created history by becoming the first person in the world to jump from 25,000 feet (mid-tropospheric altitude) without a parachute and landing safely in a net.
12. West Bengal has been selected for the All India Coordinated Rice Improvement Project Award 2015. This will be the first time the state will be receiving this award.
13. The Tamil Nadu Assembly on 1 August 2016 unanimously passed a resolution to rename the Madras High Court as the Tamil Nadu High Court. The resolution on the matter was moved by Chief Minister J Jayalalitha as most of the High Courts established after the formation of new states based on linguistic lines have been named after the states only.
Daily GK Update 1st August 2016 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 21:31 Rating: