1. Urjit Patel is the new Reserve Bank of India Governor, the Finance Ministry announced.
2. India's P V Sindhu created history by winning a silver medal in women's singles badminton event at Rio Olympics 2016.
3. Indian government’s Tourism Ministry has decided that instead of getting a brand ambassador for the Incredible India campaign, it will make Prime Minister Narendra Modi the face of the campaign.
4. The two-day meeting of the BRICS Women's Parliamentarian Forum will begin here on Saturday in which 42 delegates from member countries will participate.
5. Kerala government has approved a new debt relief scheme for low income and poor people who face the threat of revenue recovery proceedings after they fail to repay loans taken from various financial institutions under the government.
6. SK Sharma, Chairman and MD, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), has been awarded as the Most Enterprising CEO in Electronics Sector by the Indo Global Business Council (IGBC), a policy think-tank based in New Delhi.
7. India’s pharmaceutical giant Cipla Ltd and consumer goods conglomerate Godrej have been recognized by Fortune magazine in a list of global firms changing the world for the good and having a positive social impact through their activities.
8. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has approved a wage hike along with a hike in Market Development Assistance.
9. Renu Khator, Indian-American woman academic, will be inducted into the Texas Women's Hall of Fame for making significant contribution for the benefit of the US' second largest state.
10. Jamaican's sprinter Usain Bolt has won the 200 metres final to add to his 100m title at the Rio Olympics 2016. Bolt eased to victory in the 200m final in 19.78 seconds.