1. Justice Manjula Chellur on Monday took oath as the Chief Justice of the Bombay HC.
2. Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President, N. Ramachandran was awarded the Olympic Order for his outstanding services to the Olympic movement.
3. Famous Actor Kamal Haasan will be awarded the Chevalier de L'Ordre Arts et Lettres (The Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government. The Order is part of France’s premier award, the Legion of Honor.
4. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) inked pact with Microsoft India to offer telecom and IT solutions for big businesses promoting the demand for IT and cloud services. MoU will assist audio and video needs of the BSNL's enterprise customers and government organizations.
5. Google has agreed to partner with Railways to digitise its heritage assets and help create a digital repository for universal online access free of cost. Indian Railway has a huge list of heritage assets including bridges, steam locos, buildings, artefacts and museums which can be showcased for global audience.
6. Vistara, is an Indian domestic airline based in Gurgaon has announced that Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone will be their new brand ambassador.
7. Former Union Minister Najma Heptulla was sworn-in as the governor of Manipur.
8. Director Goutam Ghosh's National award-winning film "Shankhachil", an Indo-Bangla joint production, has been selected for the coveted 40th Montreal World Film Festival.
9. Indo-Canadian Sikh MP Bardish Chagger has been named as the new Leader of the government in Canada’s House of Commons, becoming the first woman to hold the post in the country’s history.
10. Sania Mirza gets No 1 spot in women's doubles by defeating Martina Hingis