Daily GK Update 23rd August 2016 Important Current Affairs
1. Maharashtra became the first state in the country to draft its own internal security legislation The Maharashtra Protection of Internal Security Act (MPISA), 2016.
2. Hindi scholar and writer Sunita Jain was conferred with the prestigious 25th Vyas Samman 2015. She was presented with the award by West Bengal Governor K N Tripathi.
3. VP Singh Badnore (69) has sworn in as the new Governor Punjab and also as Administrator of Chandigarh.
4. Justice Manjula Chellur has sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court. She succeeded CJ Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela who has retired.
5. SR Nathan: former longest-serving Singapore President of Indian-origin passes awayThe Indian-origin former Singapore President S.R. Nathan passed away days after suffering a stroke. He was 92.
6. The Himachal Pradesh assembly on Monday unanimously ratified the Constitution Amendment Bill on GST.
7. Rio Olympics 2016 medalists PV Sindhu (badminton) and Sakshi Malik (wrestling) have been chosen for Khel Ratna award for 2016.
8. Senior IAS officers Brajendra Navnit and V Sheshadri have been appointed as Joint Secretaries in PMO as part of massive mid-level reshuffle.
9. The two-year-old Telangana government has issued draft notification on rearranging district borders to create 17 new districts. The new districts will come into being in October.
10. China has launched its first Tibetan-language search engine 'Yongzin'.
11. Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday launched a mobile app 'Kisan Suvidha' for farmers.
12. Chennai hailed Vikash Anand won a double to clinch the title in the MRF Formula 1600 category and a ticket for the Mazda Road to Indy shootout as the fifth and final round of the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Racing Championship concluded in Chennai.
13. India won the four-match test series against West India 2-0
14. The International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) announced that the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup will be hosted in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Daily GK Update 23rd August 2016 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 21:26 Rating: