Daily GK Update 24th August 2016 Important Current Affairs
1. Maharashtra Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Union Civil Aviation Ministry and Airports Authority of India (AAI) to develop 10 airports as part of the Centre’s Regional Connectivity Scheme.
2. Maharashtra and Telangana have signed agreement for three irrigation projects to be constructed on Godavari, Pranahita and Painganga rivers.
3. Andhra Pradesh became the first state in the country to launch DNA Index System (DIS) for DNA (Deoxyribonucleac acid) profiling of criminals.
4. The International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) has announced that 2016 Kabaddi World Cup will be hosted in Ahmedabad, Gujarat between October 7 and 22, 2016.
5. The New World Wealth in August 2016 released the report titled The W10: The 10 wealthiest countries in the world. As per the rankings in the report, India is the seventh richest country in the world with a total individual wealth of 5.6 trillion US dollars.
6. India’s ace tennis player Sania Mirza was topped the ATP Women’s Doubles Tennis rankings.
7. BSNL Kerala has retained status as the highest profit-making telecom circle in the country by registering 35 per cent growth to ₹658 crore in 2015-16 from ₹486 crore in 2014-15.
8. The Union Cabinet approved a draft bill on surrogacy. The draft Bill is aimed at safeguarding the rights of surrogate mothers. It will also regulate commissioning surrogacy in the country.
9. Former Governor of Bihar, West Bengal, and Haryana and member of the Rajya Sabha Akhlaqur Rahman Kidwai passed away here today after prolonged illness. He was 96.
Daily GK Update 24th August 2016 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:22 Rating: