1. RBI has asked banks to provide loans to women self-help groups in rural areas at 7% per annum, as per the government's revised guidelines for the current financial year.
2. A travel insurance cover of up to Rs10 lakh can be availed while booking a train ticket online by paying less than one rupee from 31 August.
3. India will be hosting the first BRICS film festival which will begin from Sept. 2 to 6 New Delhi.
4. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has announced the State government plans to transform 1,000 villages with the help of corporate sector, and the civil society over the next few years.
5. US multinational banking firm Goldman Sachs says Indian economy is likely to grow 7.9% in this year 2016-17.
6. The list published by Forbes magazine considers earnings from June 2015, and featured Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar as the top two highest paid actors on 8th and 10th rank. The list also includes Salman Khan on 14th rank, which is followed by legend Amitabh Bachchan on 18th position.
7. Five Indian companies ranked among world's 100 most innovative, including Asian Paints, Hindustan Unilever, Tata Consultancy Services, Sun Pharma and Larsen & Toubro have been ranked among Forbes’s list of ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’
8. PC maker Lenovo has appointed Pankaj Harjai to head its newly constituted Small and Medium Business (SMB) vertical.
9. Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for the second time.
10. India's Saina Nehwal has been dropped 4 points to be 9th, while compatriot PV Sindhu remained in the 10th spot in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings despite getting a silver in the women's singles competition at the recently concluded Olympics in Rio 2016.
11. Former Olympian Silvanus Dungdung Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award will be rewarded. Dhyan Chand was an Indian field hockey player, who is considered as one the greatest field hockey player of all time.
12. Central Tool Room and Training Centre (CTTC), Bhubaneswar, has signed an agreement with ISRO for technology transfer and a contract for supply of spacecraft component.