1. The Parliament has passed Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to conduct of uniform entrance examination for admission to all medical educational institutions.
2. The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has launched a performance and credit rating scheme to assess the capabilities and creditworthiness of industries in the sector.
3. A high-level panel of the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) has approved various projects worth approximately Rs 400 crore for development of ghats (river fronts) and crematoria at different places along the river Ganga from Uttarakhand to West Bengal under the Centre’s ambitious Namami Gange programme.
4. India is going to host a crucial global summit in November to eliminate the illicit trade of tobacco products.
5. The Odisha government has decided to recruit members of transgender community persons as warders in jails of the State as per the directive of the Supreme Court. The home department has issued instructions to the Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) to include the gender category.
6. Confectionery major Mondelez International has appointed former Bharti Axa General Insurance Company CEO and MD Deepak Iyer as Managing Director of its India operation.
7. Translator and artist Anita Gopalan has awarded with the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grants for her English translation of Hindi novel Simsim by Geet Chaturvedi.
8. Bhaskar Khulbe, a Senior IAS officer of 1983 batch of West Bengal cadre has been appointed as Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He was Additional Secretary in Prime Minister's Office.
9. Air Marshal S Neelakantan has assumed charge as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Southern Air Command.
10. Noted Indian-American Professor Emeritus of Linguistics Braj B Kachru has passed away in Urbana. He was 84 years old.
11. The 24-year old Romania's Simona Halep has won the Rogers Cup women's singles title after beating American Madison Keys 7-6, 6-3 in the final Montreal.
12. the 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities has begun in Islamabad (Pakistan).
13. World No.1 men’s singles tennis player Novak Djokovic has won the ATP Toronto Masters.
14. The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has given clean chit to Indian wrestler Narsingh Yadav in the doping case.
15. Anant Maheshwari was named as the President of Microsoft India by the parent company Microsoft Inc. Maheshwari will succeed Bhaskar Pramanik, who retires in March 2017.