1. Gujarat has become the first Indian state to distribute two crore LED bulbs under the Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for all (UJALA) scheme.
2. The Goa Legislative Assembly today unanimously passed a resolution ratifying the amendments to the Constitution to pave way for the presidential assent to the Goods and Services (GST) Bill, 2016.
3. The Union Government has approved 16 highway projects in 11 states to be executed at a cost of 7,457 crore rupees.
4. Majuli in Assam is all set to become the first island district of the country.
5. India jumped 19 places in the Logistics Performance Index to rank 35th in this year’s list.The World Bank has recently released a Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016 report titled ‘Connecting to Complete 2016’.
6. State Bank of Travancore appoints new Chief GM Ashok Kumar Pradhan.
7. India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA) has appointed Mukesh Mehta as the new President of IBJA.
8. Noted artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won people’s choice award for his sand sculpture ‘Mahatma Gandhi sculpture for non-violence and peace‘ made during an international championship in Russia.
9. Vice President Md. Hamid Ansari will launch the Vidyadhanam educational scholarshipat St.Teresa’s College in Kochi.
10. Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) and ZEE have entered into definitive agreements to acquire TEN Sports Network and its subsidiaries for $385 million.
11. India’s 100-year-old athlete, Man Kaur has won Gold medal at the American Masters Games in the 100-meter dash. She took a minute-and-a-half to cross the finish line in Vancouver.
12. England struck a world record one-day international (ODI) total of 444 for three as they crushed Pakistan by 169 runs at Trent Bridge.