Daily GK Update 4th August 2016, Important Current Affairs
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to improve road safety scenario in the country. The bill seeks to amend Motor Vehicles Act (MVA), 1988 and proposes to hefty penalties against violations of road safety rules as a deterrent measure.
3. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for making suitable amendments in the Central List of OBCs (Other Backward Classes) applicable to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. This decision has been taken as per the recommendations of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC).
4. The Union Cabinet has approved the rates for Spectrum Usage Charge (SUC) for various bands of spectrum for which auction are going to be conducted shortly.
5. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of new Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR). Decision in this regard was taken in the union cabinet meeting chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
6. Communist Party of Nepal-Maoist Chairperson (CPN-MC) Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ (61) was elected as the 39th Prime Minister of Nepal.
7. The advisory committee of the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award on 30 July 2016 decided that the 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award will be given to Shubha Mudgal.
8. United World Wrestling (UWW) cleared wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s name for participation in the 2016 Rio Olympics. He will be participating in the 74kg weight category of the sport.
9. Ahmed Zewail, the Egyptian-American scientist who won Nobel Chemistry Prize in 1999, died in the United States on 2 August 2016. He was 70.
Daily GK Update 4th August 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 19:19 Rating: