Daily GK Update 5th August 2016, Important Current Affairs
1. BJP state chief Vijay Rupani has been named as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat while Nitin Patel as Deputy CM after a meeting of the BJP legislators at State Party headquarter.
2. The first technology two-day meet under the Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 for Northeast India has begun in Guwahati and deliberate various issues regarding implementation of the document which envisages an investment of Rs 1,30,000 crore.
3. Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has stated that the 7th Pay Commission recommendations would be implemented in the state from November 1st.
4. Reserve Bank of India has imposed the penalty on two cooperative banks of Chhattisgarh under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
5. Noted sports promoter and founder chairperson of Reliance Foundation, Nita Ambani has been elected as an individual member of International Olympic Committee.
6. Noted Assamese litterateur Mahim Bora has passed away due to old age problems. He was 92 years old.
7. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched a website (sachet.rbi.org.in) to curb illegal and unauthorised pooling of funds by unscrupulous firms.
8. The United States declared Pakistan based Jamaat-ur-Ahrar (JuA) as a ‘terror group’ by adding it to its list of global terrorists. This declaration triggers sanctions against the terrorist faction that has staged multiple attacks on civilians, religious minorities and soldiers.
9. Singer Shubha Mudgal has been selected for the prestigious the 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award 2016.
10. Tunisia's President Beji Caid Essebsi named Youssef Chahed as the Prime Minister of the country.
Daily GK Update 5th August 2016, Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 21:44 Rating: