Daily GK Update 6th August 2016 Important Current Affairs
1. The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that the Government has set the ambitious target to roll out of the Goods and Services Tax, (GST) from 1st April 2017.
2. The Union Government has set an inflation target of 4 % for the next five years with a range of plus/minus 2 % for the next five years under the monetary policy framework agreement with the Reserve Bank.
3. ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar has inaugurated a 'C Band Polarimetric Doppler Weather Radar' at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram.
4. A three day long India's International Footwear Fair (IIFF) has been launched by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on August 5th in New Delhi.
6. The Ministry of Railways has signed an agreement with the Chhattisgarh government for the formation of a joint venture (JV) company for focused resource mobilisation, implementation and monitoring of critical rail projects.
7. Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu has launched Swachh Survekshan-2017 for 500 cities in the country with an idea to make competitive environment make the cities clean in New Delhi.
8. Chief Minister of Maharastra Government Mr. Devendra Fadnavis has stated that Maharashtra government will provide as many as 1,200 wi-fi hotspots in the megapolis as a part of transforming Mumbai into a Smart City.
9. Union Minister for Human Resource and Development Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the transit campus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at village Jagti, Tehsil Nagrota in Jammu.
10. China has successfully launched the first Tiantong satellite for mobile telecommunication at southwestern China's Xichang Satellite Launch Center, with the Long March-3B carrier rocket.
11. IBM in partnership with Apple has launched a new global development hub at Manyata Tech Park, Bengaluru.
12. The 31st Summer Olympic Games has opened in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro, with a vibrant opening ceremony at the Maracana Stadium.
13. Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has announced a cash award of 50 lakh rupees for the gold medal winning athlete in the Rio Olympics.
Daily GK Update 6th August 2016 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 07:16 Rating: