Daily GK Update 9th August 2016 Important Current Affairs
2. The International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples is observed on August 9 each year to promote and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
3. To mark the 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement, Maharashtra Government launched Quit India 2-from Swaraaj to Suraaj initiative.
4. India’s second largest mobile operator Vodafone has renewed its multi-million dollar agreement for IT infrastructure with tech giant IBM for another five years.
5. Apple has confirmed that it has bought US machine learning startup Turi as Silicon Valley giants focus on a future rich with artificial intelligence.
6. Non-life insurer Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd. has announced a bancassurance tie-up with Shamrao Vithal Co-operative Bank (SVCB).
7. The HDFC board has approved the merger of Max Life and Max Financial Services with its insurance arm HDFC Standard Life Insurance.
8. Amsterdam-based human resource consulting firm Randstad Holdings has announced that it would acquire job portal Monster Worldwide for USD 429 million in cash.
9. Human rights activist Irom Chanu Sharmila (44) today has ended her 16-year-long fast against Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 and was granted bail by an Imphal court on Rs.10,000 personal bond.
10. Two-wheeler market leader Hero MotoCorp has reappointed Pawan Munjal as its chairman, managing director, and chief executive for a period of five years. His current tenure comes to an end on September 30 this year.
11. Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister and Congress rebel Kalikho Pul was found dead at his residence in Itanagar. He was 46 years old.
12. Renowned Yoga Guru TKV Desikachar has passed away following a brief illness in Chennai. He was 78 years old.
13. Grandmaster and former world junior champion Abhijeet Gupta has added another feather to his cap by retaining the Commonwealth Chess championship crown. As the title was also won earlier by him in 2015.
Daily GK Update 9th August 2016 Important Current Affairs Reviewed by Job today on 07:30 Rating: