1. Cabinet approves Extradition Treaty between India and Afghanistan.
2. Governor of Arunachal Pradesh Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa was removed from the post of Arunachal Pradesh Governor.
3. BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has been honoured with ‘Tamil Ratna’ award by a body of Tamil diaspora in New York for fighting corruption and working for more transparency in the functioning of the government.
4. India’s top women bankers, SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya, ICICI head Chanda Kochhar and Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma, are among the 50 most powerful women based outside the US, according to a list by Fortune, which is topped by Banco Santander’s boss Ana Bot.
5. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the proposal for initiation of the Third Phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP).
6. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated the Onam celebrations in Thiruvananthapuram.
7. The Cabinet has approved the creation of the Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA), taking a step closer to developing high quality infrastructure in premier educational institutions.
8. In Women’s Ranking Indian squash player Joshna Chinappa rose to 10th while Deepika Pallikal remained at 19th in the latest Professional Squash Association (PSA) rankings.
9. India’s Deepa Malik created history by becoming the first ever woman from the country to win a medal at the Paralympics.
10. World’s longest bullet train network length of 2000kms established by China Railway. Construction of the line started in December 2012.