1. India and Nepal signed three MoUs and agreements to enhance the bilateral agreement between the two nations.
2. Legendary playwright Edward Albee, widely considered one of the greats of his generation, has died at the age of 88.
3. V K Sharma, who is currently one of the two managing directors at Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), has taken additional charge as Chairman, LIC of India.ii. Sharma joined LIC in the year 1981 as a Direct Recruit Officer.
4. India and Sri Lanka have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to support livelihood of the fishing and farming project to communities in Sri Lanka’s southern Hambantota district.
5. Sports Minister Vijay Goel conferred Arjuna Awards on cricketers Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane at a function in New Delhi.
6. India ended their campaign in the Track Asia Cup at second position at the Cycling Velodrome in IG Stadium in New Delhi. India got eight medals, including two gold, on the final day of the competition.
7. Former Italian president, prime minister and central bank governor Carlo Azeglio Ciampi has died at the age of 95.
8. India-born researcher Dinesh Bharadia was chosen for the prestigious Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award.
9. BHVS Narayana Murthy, an expert in Avionics, was appointed as Director of Research Centre Imarat (RCI).