1. On the second day of the ISSF Junior World Cup at Gabala, Azerbaijan, today, the Indian junior shooting squad bagged a gold, two silver and three bronze medals. India who won seven medals, including three golds on Day One, now lie second behind Russia in the medal tally with an overall haul of 13 medals.
2. The government of India informed the Supreme Court that three major search engines — Microsoft, Google and Yahoo — have agreed to auto block ads commercially promoting sex determination tests as prohibited under the Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act, 1994 (PC&PNDT Act).
3. First Indian music and dance festival aimed to showcase the country’s rich and diverse culture was kicked off in Sydney, yesterday. Union Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the 10-week “Festival of India” last night with spectacular joint performances by Indian and Australian artists.
4. The ruling United Russia party has won 54.21 percent of the votes and 203 out of 225 single-member constituency candidates in the Russian parliamentary elections, the Central Election Commission said after counting 90 percent of the ballots.
5. The Consul General of Malaysia in India Eldeen Husaini Muhammad Hashim has released the translated version of 'Sai Charitra Granth', a book on the life of Sai Baba.
6. President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed former IAS officer Alka Sirohi as chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) as per Article 316 of Constitution.
7. Eminent Malayalam critic and academician Dr M Leelavathi has been chosen for the prestigious N Mohanan Suvarna Mudra Award 2016, instituted in memory of well-known short story writer N Mohanan.
8. 17th NAM summit held in Venezuela and Vice President Hamid Ansari held talks with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on a host of issues of mutual interest.
9. The trial operation of a world's largest permanent ship lift designed by Chinese and German engineers on China's Three Gorges Dam began.
10. Lt Gen Surinder Singh today took over as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Command.
He is the successor of Lt Gen KJ Singh who retired on July 31,2016.
11. Ms. Monika Kapil Mohta, presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry, has appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Sweden.
12. Young Indian shooter Subhankar Pramanick has won the gold medal at the ISSF Junior World Cup for pistol, rifle and shotgun in Gabala, Azerbaijan.
13. India’s Priyesha Deshmukh (23) has won a historic bronze medal in the first World Deaf Shooting Championships held in in Kazan, Russia.
14. The Union Government approved projects worth 500 crore rupees for integrated development of tourism in Jammu and Kashmir under Swadesh Darshan scheme.